Sennheiser MKH 418 Schematic

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SilentSound

Hello,

Does anyone have a copy of the service manual for a Sennheiser MKH 418? Or schematic?

Or, just a photo showing the wiring for the capsules and wiring for the plug ends.

Thank you!

mkh418-jpg.106042
To give a clearer idea of what I am looking for, I am trying to find the proper wire attachment order for both ends of the PCB. See the photo for reference:

MKH418.jpg

Last edited:
Heres a youtube video on the repair of an MKH416 ,
, user Rastop1 also has a few other repair videos on MKH series mics .

that video is the repair of the Rode rf mic ,where the inductor becomes loose .

Often the connections to the xlr can become intermittant , he also finds a shorted tantalum cap and one of the wires from the inductor had become broken .

Ive managed to conclusively identify one of the MKH416's I have is a P48 U3 model so I'll try powering it up later .

Looking at the picture above at the xlr connection Id be inclined to look at it as
1 3
2 4 ,
so mid is 1-2 ,side is 3-4 .

Last edited:
Below is a picture of the same SMD version of MKH416 I have next to the Chinese fake version ,
Great news , I just plugged in the mic and it works , no extraneous noise due to electrical or physical problems . It does sound a little wooly up close ,but thats to be expected without the interference tube/windsheild .
I was able to pick up the pair of mics for pocket change , so Im well ahead even with one in working condition .
1688176252770.png

Last edited:
I just hammered out a deal on a MKH418s ,
Will be around a week before I have it in my hands ,
I'll let you know the proper pinout when it arrives .

Latest posts

Back