Should I?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any comments on required case depth? Not seeing any board dimensions posted anywhere. Perhaps I've overlooked them.

cm what the hell is that? .... we dont use the metric system here, we're special.... if you could let us know the inches it would help out all the other DIYers in USA, Liberia, and Myanmar :grin: :cool: :grin: :cool:

You know that's 12 inches, the case should be more like 16 inches since you guys want to squeeze two 660's in there.

analag

[quote author="cannikin"]cm what the hell is that? .... we dont use the metric system here, we're special.... if you could let us know the inches it would help out all the other DIYers in USA, Liberia, and Myanmar :grin: :cool: :grin: :cool:[/quote]

Need to get more global, Dave. :wink:

2.54 cm = 1 inch.

30 cm = roughly 12 inches

What makes me really wonder is why americans don´t drive on the wrong side of the road. British folks are more consequent when it comes to being "special"

t_5969.jpg

I remember being told in elementary school the US would switch over to metric by 1980 or so.

Right.

At least we understand fractions......

hey - I'm having trouble trying to find any more sound demos, apart from that piano one a while back in this thread.... are there any more wave files out there of the poormans 660 running different signals, vs the signals unprocessed, to show us what this thing can do?

there's a few units out there in the world working by now, isn't there?

thanks.

There should only be three in existence, Volker's, Bernd's, and the original which is mine.
I could upload samples of the 660, and the 670 if I could find a host site.

analag

I'd offer you to use my hosting (just changed to a new one and pulled the site down right now for maintenance) but I imagine that a bunch of 660 demo wave files would kill my bandwidth allocation in about 3 minutes..... I only have 16 gig/month...

would it be possible to put a up a zip with, say, 3 snippets of different source material & the processed outputs for each, on something like yousendit.com?

You could make the snippets short, say 20 seconds each. mono. 16/44.1k and zipped up together, that's about 10 megs of download in a single file.

then if that worked OK, make up another pack later showing other aspects.

not ideal, but I imagine the bandwidth load for anyone else putting up samples, after all the interest that is being shown, would take down their hosting...
:)

thanks for the project - it's been really exciting to follow so far.

[quote author="analag"]There should only be three in existence, Volker's, Bernd's, and the original which is mine.[/quote]
right
[quote author="analag"]I could upload samples of the 660, and the 670 if I could find a host site[/quote]
you can send them to me, I can host them :thumb:

Circuit board dimensions in stone yet? If so, would you mind revealing them? Thinking about some layout issues ahead of time. Thanks.

Back