Small collet knobs for 6mm shafts

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ilya

I'm in need of a small diameter collet knobs (10-12mm base diameter) that can be fit onto 6mm or 1/4" shafts. It's important to have these same knobs with collets for 1/8" shafts as well.
Does anybody know if these even exist? Most small collet knobs have collets for 3-4mm shafts only. The small hope was Mentor knobs that has some aluminum collet knobs series with 6mm collet, although they don't have imperial collets, and I will surely need something like 1/8" in the same knob footprint.

I checked Sifam, Elma (I'd rather not deal with Elma though), Mentor and OKW. Except Mentor there were no options for 6mm shafts.

I'm not sure that such thing exists. But if you have any solution, I'd be grateful.

12mm diameter is may be, but I have never seen 10mm diameter for 6mm shaft, let alone for quarter inch.

The only solution is to re-bore 4mm version provided that there is enough wall thickness.

OKW has interchangeable collets for 4mm,6mm, 1/8" and 1/4" but it appears only available for 16mm diameter and up.

You can get anything you want if you wanted Chinese quality and wanted 100 of them.
I needed colored knobs for a dual W492 eq and got 100 13mm with 20 each color cap and pointer. About what it would have cost me for 16 Elma’s with the extras and shipping.

he only solution is to re-bore 4mm version provided that there is enough wall thickness.
Probably. I'd rather not do that because the wall will be very thin after this.
OKW has interchangeable collets for 4mm,6mm, 1/8" and 1/4" but it appears only available for 16mm diameter and up.
No 1/8" for 16mm knobs. And anyway, 16mm is too large.
You can get anything you want if you wanted Chinese quality and wanted 100 of them.
This may be an option. Although Chinese quality doesn't instill confidence.

Probably. I'd rather not do that because the wall will be very thin after this.

No 1/8" for 16mm knobs. And anyway, 16mm is too large.
The 1/8" collets will fit but are not offered in that size. You have to order knobs that have that collet and swap it out. Gets expensive.

Back