So now that I have my API 312DI built, on to the next DIY project. Suggestions?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ENS Audio

I was thinking about maybe filling up my GDIY 11 space rack with either an API compressor or EQ 500 series from CAPI but I also want to get the 1176 Blue stripe from Hairball Audio, BUT it's a bit out of my price range and I already have a partial 1176 of the Rev J boards with the output trannies and some components.  Then there's the LA2A tube compressor which I already have the board, power transformer and TB4's.  ???

Would be nice to finally own the legendary 1176 or LA2A but I also want to fill up my 11 space rack with some goodies, decisions, decisions, decisions. 

So what would you all consider the next essential piece of DIY equipment, need your help in trying to decide on how I'm going to spend my money.  :D

Thanks.

Well you can't go wrong having an 1176 and if you have parts you're closer to getting it done,
after that?  what do you find yourself most needing when you record or mix ?

okgb said:
Well you can't go wrong having an 1176 and if you have parts you're closer to getting it done,
after that?  what do you find yourself most needing when you record or mix ?

Good point about the 1176, just need the front panel (dual 1176 version) which is the only thing holding me back from finishing it.  As far as what I need after that when I record and mix would be a nice API 553 EQ from CAPI.

But I'm really tempted to get maybe the Pultec 500 series that's being offered on the white market.

Geez I'll literally be going back and forth for hrs trying to decide on what to get with so many options that are being offered.  :D

Finish my 1176 or LA2A

OR

Start filling up my GDIY 51x Rack with some goodies such as:

API EQ

Neve 500 Series EQ

Pultec 500 series OR EZ version from Audio Maintenance ( few other Pultec versions out there and I don't have a clue on which one to get)

Decisions, decisions decisions!

:eek:

Latest posts

Back