So who's bright idea was this cable?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gene Pink

Left and right audio, and composite video terminated by 75 ohms. Common ground connection (WTF?). This is a media player into my AV system, hard drive to old-school stereo/video.

It was quiet for the first week, before the ground connection deteriorated to 0.000001 ohms.

Video buzz in the audio, sucks. What the hell were they thinking?

Gene

Attachments

• AV connector.jpg
    AV connector.jpg
    31.1 KB
Gene Pink said:
Left and right audio, and composite video terminated by 75 ohms. Common ground connection (WTF?). This is a media player into my AV system, hard drive to old-school stereo/video.

It was quiet for the first week, before the ground connection deteriorated to 0.000001 ohms.

Video buzz in the audio, sucks. What the hell were they thinking?

Gene
Can you move the 75 ohm termination so the high current isn't flowing in the cable/connector?

JR

JohnRoberts said:
Can you move the 75 ohm termination so the high current isn't flowing in the cable/connector?
That would mean digging into a VCR, finding it, and having to put in a switch in case I use another video source.

I decided to do the surgery on the offender, ran a hardwired coax out a new hole, soldered onto that ridiculous TRRS jack. All is quiet now.

Gene

Attachments

• A-V jack.jpg
    A-V jack.jpg
    37.4 KB
Back