• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD AKG C12 Replica microphone SOLD

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PandaTornado

I am selling this AKG C12 replica, which has been build from a mic&mod kit, that I bought several years ago. What makes it special however, is that I changed some of the parts from the kit, which are the following:

the cinemag transformer has been swapped with an AMI T14 mic output transformer from TAB Funkenwerk: T14 Transformer - Tab-Funkenwerk

the tube has been swapped for a phillips NOS tube

the crown jewel: The mic capsule in the kit has been swapped with Tim Campbells CT12 mic capsule which sounds absolutely outstanding. The mic was built by Gustav of Goly, and the mic capsule installed by Tundra Audio Copenhagen.

I'm asking 1000€ + shipping, which can be calculated upon request.

Please don't hesitate if you have any questions.

Attachments

• IMG_1215.JPG
    IMG_1215.JPG
    188.7 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_1216.JPG
    IMG_1216.JPG
    137.6 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG_1217.JPG
    IMG_1217.JPG
    136.4 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_1219.JPG
    IMG_1219.JPG
    188.4 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_1220.JPG
    IMG_1220.JPG
    116.9 KB · Views: 194
  • IMG_1330.JPG
    IMG_1330.JPG
    137.3 KB · Views: 209
  • IMG_1331.JPG
    IMG_1331.JPG
    221.6 KB · Views: 207
  • IMG_1334.JPG
    IMG_1334.JPG
    247.4 KB · Views: 205
Gustav, Tim and Jørn - on the same mic.. That's a pretty heavy crew you have collected there..

/Jakob E.
To be honest, I actually think you helped solving an issue with the output transformer of the mic, making it an even heavier crew :)

I'm always a little reluctant with those, for several reasons (I don't sing, I'm lousy at playing guitar, my room is different from yours etc. However, if you have something specific you want to hear recorded, I will see if I can get them done.

Well, I wasn't sure what to ask for it really. It is DIY, there are no guarantees, and basically what I have asked for is more or less the sum of the costs for the parts and for parts of the costs of the build which I couldn't do myself. However, I agree the mic is definitely wotrth the asking price :)

Oh wow I’ve never heard of Mic&Mod before — I take it their other kits are worth building too (I’ll unhijack after this I promise)?
As Jacob says, they don't have the best reputation to put it lightly. I wouldn't know about their other kits, for me it was just very convenient that all the parts were there, even thoguh I swapped some of them for better parts. I know from Gustav that the building manual hat some critical errors too, but they might have corrected since then. I believe the kits are based around the boards from these people: VintageMicrophonepcbkit.com (they have BOMs and also parts, but mic bodies are often not in stock, so you might have to source parts yourself)

Latest posts

Back