Soldering resistors to a 2-pole 24 way rotary switch

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Diamondj421

Hey everyone!
A buddy of mine sold me the PCB's, rotary switches, pots, and resistors to build the IJ Research Sontec aka Igor's Sontec. The PCB looks simple enough but this unit is going to be stepped and I can't find any documentation on the build. So basically, I have a bunch of these parts and ZERO idea of how to build this thing. If anyone could give me some guidance on how to solder the resistors to a 2-pole 24 way rotary switch I'd be able to at least get started. The resistors were given to me really well organized and I have the resistor values that I need in a spreadsheet. I just have no idea of where 1-23 coincide with the switch or how the resistors are supposed to be configured (i.e. One per position, connected continuously, etc.) I'll attach a few pics. Hope it will help! Thanks so much in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_1538.jpg
    IMG_1538.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 26
Can’t see the bigger picture. Get a 404/not found when I click on the attachment link.

It’s likely one of two types, but I can’t tell which from the first picture. There are the Lorlin types where you solder one of the resistor leads close to the resistor body on a lug, then hairpin the other lead along the side of the resistor to the next adjacent lug, forming a sort of V. Then there are the type with two circular rows of lugs, where the Resistors are soldered from one row to the other, resistor bodies parallel to the switch body and hugging it.

Post a better picture and someone will help out, i’m sure.

Here are docs for the Red PCB sontecs.
https://groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=63938.msg809180#msg809180

The poles on that switch are the single lugs on the rows with all the other lugs cut flush with the switch body. They look to be below the screw in the pic.  Each pole connects with the wafer behind it, and position one should be the one closest to the screw, but verify with a continuity meter. 

Latest posts

Back