Soliloqueen's k87(k67) and k47 capsules

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some procedural delay and getting ARTA working is holding things up a bit again. I want to get everything in place for smooth operation before I begin operation again. The stock is here, only shipping it is delayed now. If your K87 needs are urgent, you can DM or email me and I will ship your order immediately.

Provided everything goes according to plan, starting with the first batch of K47Vs, every capsule will be serialized. OEM customers will get their own portals. Retail customers will be able to view their charts here:
https://store.arienneaudio.com/FR/graph.html
This site will automatically sort into A and B-stock for OEM customers, as well as assist in matching stereo pairs (with automatic matchfinding and stock management to be implemented shortly)

Does a B-stock flat 47 (cardioid only) match an A-stock flat 47 in cardioid mode, assuming both circuits are flat (or have the same nonlinearity)?

Will they make a matched stereo pair? (I'm not clear on whether the things that relegate a capsule to b-stock are electrical or mechanical, and whether the rear diaphragm not being up to snuff would affect the front diaphragm response in any way that matters in cardioid.)

Does a B-stock flat 47 (cardioid only) match an A-stock flat 47 in cardioid mode, assuming both circuits are flat (or have the same nonlinearity)?
yes.
Will they make a matched stereo pair? (I'm not clear on whether the things that relegate a capsule to b-stock are electrical or mechanical, and whether the rear diaphragm not being up to snuff would affect the front diaphragm response in any way that matters in cardioid.)
if they have the same capacitance or you adjust the voltage to compensate, yes.

Yep. Just found out they hired interns to pack them instead of the staff guys who know my product, without informing me. Piss poor packaging for the forwarded units. I swear stuff happens in threes. I'm angry. Luckily they're compensating me for every damaged package reported and I'll cover duties, so as always replacements are free.
Just finally getting to testing my couple of Flat 47s that came loose in shipping now- everything is great. Thank you regardless for backing what you produce. I do appreciate it.

currently shipping urgent orders first as it's unfair for every order to be held up due to manufacturing issues affecting smaller subsets of orders. after i finish shipping all of these open orders, i think i'm going to move from preordering to registering interest. i have enough business now that this is feasible. So, you hit "register interest" on the product page and it sends you a notification when it's in stock. that way i'm not holding onto people's money for huge amounts of time if something goes wrong.

i'm also considering going back to doing everything myself. the more other people are involved, the more things seem to slip through. a lot of these problems wouldn't happen if I was personally packing again. I also just love doing it. I think most of you would prefer the orders trickle out consistently as opposed to waiting long periods for them to happen all at once. The big issue is that it would add like $30 to international orders because of my lack of leverage to negotiate freight costs. maybe it'd be a better idea to pick up a distributor.

Last edited:
currently shipping urgent orders first as it's unfair for every order to be held up due to manufacturing issues affecting smaller subsets of orders. after i finish shipping all of these open orders, i think i'm going to move from preordering to registering interest. i have enough business now that this is feasible. So, you hit "register interest" on the product page and it sends you a notification when it's in stock. that way i'm not holding onto people's money for huge amounts of time if something goes wrong.

i'm also considering going back to doing everything myself. the more other people are involved, the more things seem to slip through. a lot of these problems wouldn't happen if I was personally packing again. I also just love doing it. I think most of you would prefer the orders trickle out consistently as opposed to waiting long periods for them to happen all at once. The big issue is that it would add like $30 to international orders because of my lack of leverage to negotiate freight costs. maybe it'd be a better idea to pick up a distributor.
Hi @soliloqueen if it helps at all, I use a couple of different websites that give what I perceive to be great deals on shipping small items internationally. I’m routinely able to send things to Europe and elsewhere in 6x4x2” boxes for roughly between $30~65 USD using nice couriers like DHL and UPS and/or USPS using these sites. I was able to create accounts for free as well. One is called Shipstation (you must register for Shipstation through your PayPal account to get the free version I think) and the other is called Easyship. They offer similar rates & carriers but usually Shipstation is cheaper. It’s great if you don’t want to spend $$$ making personal or business accounts with couriers and just want to ship small boxes for reasonable costs. Very little in the way of customs BS to deal with too. Usually just a few line items to fill out for each shipment. Cheers.

Well I probably shouldn’t post this here but… People ask me to send them expensive parts all the time and mark them as gifts and low value. We’re not importing massive amounts of clothing to distributors here, for example, it’s just a few small personal orders for repaired or fabricated instrument parts here and there. I can tell you I have never had any issue or contact with any govt agencies in almost 15 years of sending things internationally this way. Eventually they will probably crack down on it. But really, I doubt anyone should worry about devaluing small single items. Sometimes it backfires and they ask for proof. I do not provide fake receipts, that would be crossing the line. Most of the time the stuff just arrived at the person’s homes though. If anything happens the only problem is you can’t insure it for $1,000 when you claim it’s worth only $25. The only time I ever got screwed was ironically trying to receive something this way. Stolen. No insurance. Backfired! But sending items, every once in a while someone has to own up and pay the import fees if Fedex or whoever asks for proof but most of the time it’s a non issue. I always tell folks that is between you and your local government if you want to try and skate under the radar!

More "ssss" on the word "siblance" especially. Which by the way, how does one spell that word "siblance" correctly? That's the way I've always seen it spelled online but it always comes up as misspelled on my browser. I would love to not look like an idiot all the time if it's the wrong way to spell it, lol.
You're missing the middle "i", it's a 3 syllable word, sib-i-lance.

This is one of the more amazing threads I've seen since I came here 20 years ago (geez, that flew by way too fast). Ordered two flat 47s, not in any hurry at all, still have other parts on backorder. Love the website, too, seemed to work fine.

Currently, the timeline looks like this:
Original K87s back in stock & possible clearance sale: Within 2 weeks
New website and new-manufacturing K87: Late September
Flat K47 production resumes: Hopefully also late September
Accurate K47: December.
Any news on the "Accurate" K47 capsule?
Will it be available soon?
Thanks

Any news on the "Accurate" K47 capsule?
Will it be available soon?
Thanks
We're in production on them. Late this month or early next we should have at least 100 in stock and a couple hundred flat k47s. That's really the holdup on the k87s too. We went right into production on them after finishing the previous batch so solving all the procedure issues related to it has been monopolizing my time and stealing me away from the k87. Because of the simpler construction there are no known problems with either k47 as of right now so hopefully that launch will go smoother. The accurate k47 has also undergone significantly more third-party testing. 10 months of heavy review with multiple people and companies even after the design was finalized. We finally have all our new QC procedures set up so we should be able to finish up both of these batches soon and then things should be in stock for quite a while.

Last edited:
For anyone contemplating something similar, I just completed a build with the Flat 47 B-stock, the MP-V57 PCB Kit (with -10 db pad option), and a MXL V250 mic body and I love how it sounds, particularly on my voice. I will probably upgrade the basket (I did a little metal work inside the stock basket) but I will definitely get some good use out of this. So natural sounding.

For anyone contemplating something similar, I just completed a build with the Flat 47 B-stock, the MP-V57 PCB Kit (with -10 db pad option), and a MXL V250 mic body and I love how it sounds, particularly on my voice. I will probably upgrade the basket (I did a little metal work inside the stock basket) but I will definitely get some good use out of this. So natural sounding.
That's great, Man!
Have you tried the capsule on both sides?
Can you post some sound tests?

I only hooked up the one side, so I have no idea how the other side sounds at this point. Sorry. I'll try to post a voice sound test by next week if I can.

Now that I think about it, I didn't check or adjust the polarization voltage adjustment on this yet. I was just excited to try it out! LOL

I only hooked up the one side, so I have no idea how the other side sounds at this point. Sorry. I'll try to post a voice sound test by next week if I can.

Now that I think about it, I didn't check or adjust the polarization voltage adjustment on this yet. I was just excited to try it out! LOL
If you used an Arienne K47 Flat capsule, B-stock, and use a switch to switch the sides, it is possible to get a microphone with different characters (2 in 1)😀

Latest posts

Back