Sony C800 inspired body

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

kingkorg

A fun project, first time fiddling with a 3d printer. The body comes from a Hansen mic, another rebrand made for Scandinavian market. Similar to C800 dimensions. The "cooling system" is just a gimmick for now, not sure if i'm actually going to transplant the tube into it eventually. No 3d files to share sadly, as i'm afraid they might get into the wrong hands. But maybe something for DIYers to explore as an idea.

Attachments

• 20220802_205425.jpg
    20220802_205425.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 4
  • 20220802_204335.jpg
    20220802_204335.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 6

kingkorg

I used quite simple software - TinkerCad for design, a friend printed it out for me, i am probably going to redo it with a resin printer, smoother and higher quality over all. The tube is a 10mm aluminium, fins and the tube housing are printed. It shouldn't be an issue to find printing services around, they are everywhere these days.

rock soderstrom

Tour de France
I used quite simple software - TinkerCad for design, a friend printed it out for me, i am probably going to redo it with a resin printer, smoother and higher quality over all. The tube is a 10mm aluminium, fins and the tube housing are printed. It shouldn't be an issue to find printing services around, they are everywhere these days.
It's fascinating what we can produce at home these days. (y) 3D printing is indeed a game changer. The topic is high on my list. So many exciting topics, so little time!

Latest posts