Soundcraft 600 fixer upper

Help Support GroupDIY:

FarisElek

Can anyone give me advice on excessive noise on channels. It appears not to matter what module is in the spot. Doesn't make a difference whether it's line or mic or PFL either.

Also, what would cause out LED meters? a few channels are out. I recapped and re-chipped the out meters and they still don't work. Swapped chips from working meters, still nothing.

Last edited:

FarisElek

Okie doke, I'm frustrated.

I moved and pieced out my console to move it. The box the master channel was in accidentally got really wet so I left it dry out for a week. When I plugged it back in, whatever signal I have coming in from the 2 track in comes out of the c/r peakers whether the board is on or not. Hitting switches or moving pots does nothing. What has happened. What do I do? The master channel looks fine but clearly is not.

Ryan

expat

Regarding the meters not working - as I recall, only the first 8 will work without patching. I had to patch the 9-16 channels to see them on the LED Meters.

And there's this by ARDE, which I personally can't speak to:

Abbey Road D'Enfer said:
You know that the meters follow the "Tape return" switch on the group module, do you?

FarisElek

Regarding the meters not working - as I recall, only the first 8 will work without patching. I had to patch the 9-16 channels to see them on the LED Meters.

And there's this by ARDE, which I personally can't speak to:

Abbey Road D'Enfer said:
You know that the meters follow the "Tape return" switch on the group module, do you?
Thanks for the reply. Yes, I've already taken care of everything in the past. The board was working. Recapped 8 channels, the busses, and the master.

Update: R86, R87, and R89 went up in smoke just now on the master channel. Can't figure out what I've messed up when I disassembled the board. Not sure if I plugged things in the wrong place or if it's from when it got wet but something ain't right.

Bottom left near Con 2 is where the problem is.

Attachments

• 500-600-user-guide-4-4.pdf
    3.8 MB · Views: 6
  • Screen Shot 2021-09-09 at 7.15.57 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-09-09 at 7.15.57 PM.png
    412.5 KB · Views: 8
Last edited: