Soundcraft CPS 450/B

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FarisChiAtx

I was working on my soundcraft 600 desk this afternoon and I put in a newly recapped channel. When I powered on the speakers began making the sound of a poor connection, static kind of in and out. I massaged some buttons and it didn't stop so I powered the console down. Now the power supply wouldn't turn on. Completely dead. I checked all the fuses and they were all still good. But while fiddling with the T8 fuse on top, half its holder pulled right off the pcb card. So I pulled the pcb card and it was lightly singed and and un-soldered itself but had not blown. Weird. So I soldered it back in and now it seems fine. Going to triple check my work before putting another channel strip on, but does anyone has any insight into this? I had noticed my power supply humming a lot lately. My power tends to drift from 122-127 fairly often so I have my psu lines biased to be perfect when it's at its highest typical voltage.

Thanks y'all

Last edited:
I'd replace the fuse holder. If possible, use one that is attached to the panel and run wire jumpers to the PC board. Find a replacement with the highest amperage rating that you can.

I've had to do that on a couple of TAC desk supplies.

Bri

Back