SOUNDCRAFT EUROPA - PSU Interface Board

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArethaQOA

I am currently restoring a Soundcraft Europa 40/12/8/8 and have run into an issue that I thought I would get some feedback on. The Power Supply interface board has been damaged by the 6V battery that resided on the board - the damage does not seem too extensive, but is still considerable. Finding parts or information on this console is almost impossible. Yes, there is a “service manual” available that covers a lot, but the power supply information is scattered at best. There is an information for the layout of one side of this board - but not the other. Plus, the layout is “issue 2” in the manual - my board is “issue 3”. It also shows another layout and design that Is similar, but without the relays. Should I try and reverse engineer my current board, trace repair the current board and home for the best or try and find a replacement? Just looking for some feedback more than direction - just wondering what YOU would do if faced with the same problem. I have attached a photo of the board. Thanks for any feedback.

Attachments

• Photo_2024-08-11_192638.jpeg
    Photo_2024-08-11_192638.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8356.jpeg
    IMG_8356.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 0
It looks like only a small part of the board is damaged, and you say you cant find schematics, so the answer is right there! Go to it detective!
You can do a lot with just a multimeter and your eyes.

Latest posts

Back