A&H GL2400

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newhall

I was given a GL2400-32. Was told sometimes they had problems with it. I have have been using it lightly and today I noticed that the L channel cuts in and out. If I give it more drive it seems to cut in more. I tried out the pink noise and cranked it. It forced the L channel to work. Seems fine now.

I have read they have issues with the ribbon cable connectors. Maybe when I cranked the pink noise and test tone it broke through the oxidation?

Ribbon wires and dirty insert switch contacts are fault #1 in older live desks. You can bypass the insert switches by inserting a TRS plug with tip soldered to ring. If that solves the problem then replace the insert jacks.

Yeah, I tried that first. Common with guitar amps with effects loops

Do I guess that didn't sort it. But I'd recommend having a go there with Craig DeOxit and Isopropyl. I had similar on my A&H GL2 on Channel 1.
Definitely sounds like an oxidation thing so if not Insert then - yes - any ribbon cable connection may be suspect. Also any switches in signal path - routing switches etc. If you can access the ribbon cable(s) - do they look aged/brittle. This is a problem over time with the PVC jacketing. I'd say replace anyway.

Back