Soundcraft Ghost metering problems

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billgill

Hi all,

The main mix output meters on my Soundcraft Ghost LE console appear to be showing the outputs of aux send one. I’ve been through the manual, and am not finding any answers there. Obviously I want to see my mix output on said meters - any ideas as to what I’m doing wrong?

Many thanks in advance
Bill

Any link to a block diagram of that console? I'm not in the mood to spend hours chasing that down because I'm old and cranky <g>.

Bri

Hi all,

The main mix output meters on my Soundcraft Ghost LE console appear to be showing the outputs of aux send one. I’ve been through the manual, and am not finding any answers there. Obviously I want to see my mix output on said meters - any ideas as to what I’m doing wrong?

Many thanks in advance
Bill
There is a button called AFL under the aux send knob. switch that off.
You need to learn to zero that board, which includes making sure all the PFL and AFL buttons are not pushed in.

There is a button called AFL under the aux send knob. switch that off.
You need to learn to zero that board, which includes making sure all the PFL and AFL buttons are not pushed in.
Interesting! I am not familiar with that Ghost. An AFL select messes with the main mix outs? What a crappy design idea!

Bri

Interesting! I am not familiar with that Ghost. An AFL select messes with the main mix outs? What a crappy design idea!

Bri
Ghost is a tape deck mixer, so it has some extra monitoring functions so you can examine noise floor/gain structure in multiple places. The mix B is you tape deck returns, and of course, recording is from the direct outs.

I'll look for the manual online. Its a pain to find the manuals ever since the company was sold to electovoice. But it is a nice board and sounds like a classic SSL board once everything is gain structured correctly. The mic preamps are nice once you get rid of the caps and phantom power crap off the front end.

Last edited:
That's why I was seeking a block diagram to suss out the signal flow.....

Bri
I'm sure the OP will figure it out. Its actually one of the old tape boards that actually plug and play with real interfaces. I used to own one years ago. To make these work nice with interfaces, set the the direct out jumpers to -10 and the return jumpers +4

Thanks drt. In the block diagram (buried ....lol....in the link you posted) I see the "master meters" are fed from the monitoring chain with a "AFL/PFL Over ride" switch (CORRECTION....a relay).....upstream. So, those meters follow the monitoring path. Explains a likely error the OP has done!

Bri

Latest posts

Back