Soundelux e47c

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kensound

I have a Soundelux e47c on my bench for repair. Unfortunately it shows signs of having been maliciously "got at". If anyone out there has the schematic for it, I'd like a copy.

the tube in the photo is most probably a Telefunken EF800 or EF184, produced in Ulm (during the night shift of Ulf Müller ;) ). This and the name suggest that the schematic will probably be similar to this one.

Edit: Allegedly it's a Telefunken EF814(??), but I've never heard of it before. Have fun looking for a replacement if it is defective.

Screenshot 2024-05-25 at 19-19-31 U47 Schematics - Tab-Funkenwerk.png

Last edited:
the tube in the photo is most probably a Telefunken EF800 or EF184, produced in Ulm (during the night shift of Ulf Müller ;) ). This and the name suggest that the schematic will probably be similar to this one.

Edit: Allegedly it's a Telefunken EF814(??), but I've never heard of it before. Have fun looking for a replacement if it is defective.

View attachment 129386
"Ef814" is simply ef184:)

I tested some but they had higher level of "microphonics" than ef800. Maybe just a bad batch.
Okay, I have tested only two of them and they were almost on the same level than the EF800. Not particularly microphonic compared to the other usual suspects. As I said, only two tested, that doesn't necessarily apply to all of them...

I’m interest in this as well. This person I’d steer clear of

http://www.jamesgangwer.com/
Nothing good to say about dealing with him.

. Spent over $1000 with him ( in 2010 ) the microphone was never fixed or worked correctly even after sending it back a 2nd time.. Asked for schematics to to handle it locally and was refused.

Ended up being the capsule in the end and finally after 10 years of being interment finally was fixed using the wonderful flat 47 capsule.

https://store.arienneaudio.com/

Still in search of the schematic myself as well.

Thanks for all the wisdom. The e47c I have is devoid of a grid bias resistor - I'll try a 1Gohm as suggested by Oliver Archut. There are un-used positions on the PCB, but as they haven't got solder on them, they may only come into play in the cardioid/omni version. I've attached pics for the benefit of those who relish gut shots.

Attachments

• _DSC1025.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 7
  • _DSC1026.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 5
I've attached pics for the benefit of those who relish gut shots.
Thanks you! Can you snap a photo of the print of the tube? I am really curious what we can see there! Is ist a EF814 or EF184?
The e47c I have is devoid of a grid bias resistor
Are you sure? The photos do not show it 100% but I think the marked resistor is the grid 1G resistor.
1G.jpg
There are un-used positions on the PCB, but as they haven't got solder on them, they may only come into play in the cardioid/omni version.
Yep, there was a multi pattern version of this mic.

Attachments

• 81380-ee2ed1ab86a5ef4a77a2f17cdd4ab6f1.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 3
  • 1G.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Not meaning to hijack this thread in any way but, if anyone wants photos of the multi pattern mic as well let me know. Interestingly mine has a “sub mini” tube.

I have a Soundelux e47c on my bench for repair. Unfortunately it shows signs of having been maliciously "got at". If anyone out there has the schematic for it, I'd like a copy.
Is it possible that the mic was modded by D Bock himself?

I say that because for a while they offered to mod the e47 to the amplifier of the e407. I did that (and it was an improvement). I believe it used the tube you have in there now. Just thought it might be worth contacting him to ask.

Is it possible that the mic was modded by D Bock himself?

I say that because for a while they offered to mod the e47 to the amplifier of the e407. I did that (and it was an improvement). I believe it used the tube you have in there now. Just thought it might be worth contacting him to ask.
I bought the mic 2nd hand from the original owner. 99% that was how it was when he got it.

Latest posts

Back