Source for SE Electronics Z5600A - Tube Mic 8 Pin connector

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I contacted also SE, and they wanted to sell me a full cable assembly, Im in talks with them to see if they can provide just the male cable connector.
I dont need the full cable

Let's see how it goes.

I received the GX20 8pin female connector, tried it out and it works perfectly,
Same size on the connector, pins and thread type.

Thank you so much for "abbey road d enfer" for recommending the GX20.

SE Electronics wanted to charge me 100€ for the cable or 35€ for the connector.
Got it for 3€

index.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-02-01 at 19.04.16.png
    Screen Shot 2021-02-01 at 19.04.16.png
    45.1 KB · Views: 40
abbey road d enfer said:
You're welcome. Glad I could help.

Thank you,
it was a big help and helped my wallet also.

Now it's phase 2 of this project,he mic is not working properly, I bought it "as is" so the connector was just the first thing I needed to fix.
The PSU turns on and has the correct voltages on the rails, but the mic is really noisy and unstable. Changed the tube and it's still the same so I think the capsule might be the problem.

I will do a new thread on this

Thanks

Hi @Whoops ,

I have the same mic and a knackered cable I need to replace. Do you think you could point me in the right direction for a GX20 alternative full cable? Thanks so much!

I didn't buy a full cable.
I already had the cable, just needed the connector that goes into the Mic. So I just ordered the GX20 8pin female connector from Ebay and that was the right one of the mic. I just soldered that connector to the cable that came with the mic and thats it.

If you want an already complete cable with connectors you have to 2 options.
Or you buy it from SE Electronics, really expensive.
Or you do it yourself, buy Gotham GAC7 cable and solder the correct connectors on both ends and thats it.

I personally would go for the second option

Latest posts

Back