SE Electronics

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can see inside the PSU that the center PIN has no attachment to the PCB, I hope this is right, as I bought the mic used... Already had to replace a cap in the PSU that was blown causing a terrible hum, and can see inside the mic that several caps and resistors have been replaced. I hope this is not gonna end up costing me as much as a new mic to fix.

I also cannot find much info on the ecc83a tube, one forum mentioned it has a gain factor similar to an 12at7, but in a video on Youtube a guy from sE says its just a low noise version of ecc83...

I would also like to know, if I can put a silver mica cap rated for 500v/100pF in place of the 100JP/630v in the mic. Also the large resistor in position R5 (I believe it is) 300k has been replaced by two metal film resistors soldered together, is this a decent replacement? And a last question, most of the electrolytic caps I can find to the specs of the mic are 0.2-0.25DF, is this too high? Oh one more last question, I cannot read the pixelated text and numbers on the diagram of the PSU, not sure I would fully understand it either - but, what transfomer can I buy to upgrade/replace the one currently in the PSU. Thanks again

Last edited:
Back