SSL 4000E refurb

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More pics. Got into my storage unit and think I have to wait until I move. Faders cleaned up like new. Maybe I’ll try to clean off the channels in the meantime. Any tips on that ? With my Tac I took off all the buttons and had faceplate totally off and easy to clean.

Attachments

• IMG_6339.jpeg
    IMG_6339.jpeg
    2 MB
  • IMG_6338.jpeg
    IMG_6338.jpeg
    1.8 MB
  • IMG_6337.jpeg
    IMG_6337.jpeg
    1.9 MB
  • IMG_6335.jpeg
    IMG_6335.jpeg
    1.8 MB
  • IMG_6336.jpeg
    IMG_6336.jpeg
    1.7 MB
Yeah. I put the rack up for sale. Gonna have to wait til I move to fully test the console . I was just trying to clean up the channels. I will go with the tangerine and whichever newer power supply I could get.

Mike Signo announced a new SSL test jig yesterday on the SSL forums and Instagram. Looks real nice I have emailed about it but not heard back yet.

I also have have a bunch of LED boards with diffused LEDs about to go on my site if you never want to change VU bulbs again. IMG_7674.JPG

It looks grubby but it's not had enough use to wear the paint off round the volume pot & master fader. Looks like a relatively late 4000E - the early ones didn't have the line round the master fader & monitor pot. IIRC SSL produced an overlay to hide the worn area but the ones I've seen weren't a good colour match

It's also got channel to meters and a few other features the early 4000Es didn't have

I’m hoping just to clean off the grime and repair the one bad channel and see how it goes. But main frame is in storage til I move. I have some channels at my house. Maybe I’ll start vacuuming the dust off. Any ideas how to clean channels. Like I stated before with my tac magnum I took everything apart to clean the channel. Cleaned all knobs. They came out great.

Latest posts

Back