SSL 4056 DL Pinouts

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pigbenis27

Hey There Everybody!

So I've been hooking up a SSL 4056 console over the last couple of months and i'm at the point now where I am wiring up the DL's going to our control room monitoring system. Unfortunately for me I cannot find any kind of wiring pinout for the DL connectors on the board. Specifially DL33, 32 and 31 which provide the connections to the center section of the console where i'm assuming the stereo buss would come from that I would connect my monitors to. I'm specifically looking for where the MON LS, MINI LS, SLS AMP, Listen Mics 1 and 2 and Talkback connections would be located. I've already located the ALT and REDLIGHT connections by their loom labels Z2 and Z1.

So my question is does anybody out there have a pinout diagram for DLs 33, 32 and 31? In fact Even just a list of the correct loom labels for the cables connected to the DLs on the console's side would be a huge help! I can pull the connectors down and then simply locate the proper label and be good to go! If anyone out there has something like that and would be willing to share that info it would be a super huge help to me! This is actually the last step until this baby is ready to go to work so any help at all would be incredibly appreciated!!

Thanks for your time and have a great day!

Tony

Hello,
Don't you have the dedicated manual of the DL's wirings delivered with each SSL console ever built ?
How did you wire the others DL's ?
I would suggest you to contact this forum  :    http://forum.sslmixed.com/index.php
Best,
Guy

AFAIK, all SSL consoles are custom order. There should be a Custom Specification book that came with the console that details all wiring. Without that, you pretty much have to beep out the connections with your multimeter

The DL33 connector is pretty standard (see pinout that I posted earlier) on the 4K's. DL32 is the stereo tape connections, while DL31 is the quad connections.

It only gets slightly dicey when you start talking about the mic lines and multitrack pinouts,  which changed as consoles got bigger and/or when a console was chopped or extended. If you shine a really bright light under the main DL panel, you can easily see how many pins each DL connector uses. If a connector is full, it has 32 channels per DL. If not it's 24 channels per DL.

So, for a 56 channel console, DL1, DL11 and DL21 are probably channels 1-32, while DL2, DL12 and DL22 are probably channels 33-56.

Latest posts

Back