SSLTech's New Arrival

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beautiful Job Keith! I think after looking at your pictures the only thing I would do different is to mount the transformers below the tubes. This way the transformers don't suffer thermal stress from heating and cooling.
May prevent open windings down the road.
Bill

Keeeeef,

What's the part number on the Fused AC inlet?
Is it for a 5mmX20mm?

Thanks
-Ethan

Yes it's 5x20mm, and it holds a spare at the same time... Part number? :?: ...It's a parts-bin special from my local place!

-You want one or two, I'll get as many as you need.. it's the least that I could do for youor part in this forum!!!

the only thing I would do different is to mount the transformers below the tubes.
The layout is taken directly from an original, so I wanted to keep it the same. In fact the tube shields and the airgap between keep the temperature rather steady, and seems to avoid excessive hot-spots.

:sam: :sam: :sam: :sam: :sam: :sam:

Keith

Dammit I love you people more everyday!

Nice job on the LA2 BTW!

Thanks Keeeef, thanks Ron!

Nice job Keith!
Is that a UTC "Black" A10!
He ordered the wrong shield for the AQ5 just like I did!
Get the tall one.
Ceramic T4 socket!! Full props!
:guinness: :guinness: :guinness: :guinness:

...didn't have the socket fitted... I'd bought a load of them on eBay, they arrived the day after the "photo shoot" -It's the "middle-age" dark grey A10...

Ethan, if you want a socket or two just shoot me an address, you shall have them.

Chris... sure could've used your expertise with that hacksaw! :wink:

:guinness:

Keith

Thanks Keith,

All you guys are too damn generous!
We've got a bunch of sockets here at work that I just....uh....ahem, pay for in full!
:oops:

-E

My re-worked baby LALA.......

LA2Afront.jpg

LA2Aguts.jpg

LA2Arear.jpg

OOOoohhhhh.....

You saucy little minx!!!!

I like the VU meter... it just goes to show you really 'kahn'!!! :green:

Thanks again for the input tranny, Pete! :thumb:

OOOoohhhhh.....

My feelings exactly - that's gorgeous, Peter. I still can't imagine how you can make the wiring so damn neat.

Well done!

:guinness: :guinness: :guinness: (hic!) :guinness:

...Looks like 'Hellermann' sleeving? -or is it plain ole' heat-shrink?

I love those 3-point hellermann tubing pliers... anyone got any pics of a set? -I can't find any references to them online...

Keith

great jobs.

I wish I once can do this too, but I am a bit afraid (scared?) of the high voltages (Pultec too).

I don´t have experience with building valve equipment.

Do you think some of you can assist me ?

Latest posts

Back