Stock Investing - Quant and Traditional

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could you give a brief synopsis?
Shoot, you did it way better than I could have 12ax!

flat wealth distribution is not the natural order.
Beginning to suspect crypto is part of the 'master plan'.  I really hope the powers that be will find a way to let it coexist with traditional fiat.

Free stock advice is worth exactly what you pay for it, but I would advise caution about the RobinHood IPO.

Their entire business model is based on "payment for order flow". Hedge funds and large trading institutions pay RobinHood for allowing them to execute trades for RobinHood's customers. They are not doing this for charitable reasons, they can profit from both sides of those trades.

The SEC is looking into this and has already charged some RobinHood employees for trading on insider information related to meme stock stoppages, etc. If the SEC outlaws or strictly regulates payment for order flow, RobinHood's entire business model could evaporate.

Further something like 15% of company stock ownership can be sold immediately after the IPO. Most IPOs restrict insider sales for 6 months or longer.

Caveat Emptor.

JR

Latest posts

Back