Studer 900 - Racking

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
saint gillis said:
Good news!
  I don't know how many chanels you wanna feed with your psu, but for your information you can use a very small transformer for  -24V (and even for 6V)

For one chanel (being generous) :

+15V -> 100mA
-15V -> 100mA
-6V -> 100mA
-24V -> 5mA

Thank you it's good information to have,
this PSU was improvised with what I had around just to test and fix 1 channel strip.

I don't knwo if any of you have this desk,
but we have 20 VCA faders 1.911.210.82, it's really useful because it has a built in quite usable VCA compressor.
The problem is when we install the VCA fader modules in the console some loud hum/noise is introduced in the bus outputs.
If only 1 VCA fader module is installed with all the other ones being just the normal fader modules, there's no hum, as soon as we put a second VCA module the hum starts.
This Hum is independent of the channel, we can install it in any channel as things will be the same.

It's a really strange behavior and I really dont know what might be th cause of this,
it's a 20 channel console, so it would be great to have the 20 VCA fader modules we already have installed in the console.

Thanks

Whoops said:
I will leave the updated stand alone wiring of the channel strip in case anyone need it in the future.

Hello guys,

Thanks for your thread, I want to rack my Studer 900 for several years...

Whoops, I am interesting about your update.

Need some few precisions about power supply:
Why could we not use only one transformer for the different voltages with separate powers supplys ?
Could I use, one transformer with power supply for -6V and -24V and one transformer with power supply with +/-15V and 48V ?
What do you think about the Jlmaudio V6 ? Do you think it's risky about hums ?

Thanks for your help.
Are there some french speakers ?

dakillbass said:
Whoops said:
I will leave the updated stand alone wiring of the channel strip in case anyone need it in the future.
Need some few precisions about power supply:
Why could we not use only one transformer for the different voltages with separate powers supplys ?
Could I use, one transformer with power supply for -6V and -24V and one transformer with power supply with +/-15V and 48V ?

Why don't you read the full thread?

That has already been addressed.

I have already read all the thread, my english is not so nice, and I need to be at ease about my doubt how to do.
And I also want to understand why there are the hum problems.

dakillbass said:
I have already read all the thread, my english is not so nice, and I need to be at ease about my doubt how to do.
And I also want to understand why there are the hum problems.

Hello,
I don't really know  why it caused some hum to use the same transformer for all the voltages.. Using different transformers was a solution brought by experimentation..
  You can experiment yourself and try one only transformer, or one for both -6V & -24V and see what happens..

Cheers

Latest posts

Back