• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

For Sale Studer 963 28ch console

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was just a general comment and an opinion!!! There was no "malice" in that comment. No need to be so touchy!!!

Between the current market situation with analog consoles and your friends' asking price, what I got out of that specific comment was that your friend may need to lower his price down to what the current market can handle so he is able to sell it quickly.

Should he decide to "rack-it".....I could offer your friend my mechanical design expertise in order to do that. Just sayin'.....

-- Soundcraft 200B Channel-Strip Module "Reverse-Engineered" To A 3D CAD-model --
1718628351012.png

/

..please don't use the forums to sell your services..
I am not sure I understand your comment ? I am selling the console for a close friend of mine who doesn't live in the area anymore, I am not selling my services. I have seen people selling stuff for others here in the past, but if it is against the forum rules I'll glady take the thread down. Let me know !

Cheers & thanks

..please don't use the forums to sell your services..
I am -- NOT SELLING -- my "services"!!! The OP had stated that his friend may want to "rack" his consoles' channel-strips, so I simply offered to help him out should he desire to do that. Taking a console channel-strip module and sticking it into a 1U rack-chassis isn't always as easy as it may appear to be, especially if you have never done it before!!! Are you implying that I (or, anyone) should not offer any help to another member on this forum? All I ever try to do is to assist the members on this forum with tasks that are usually more difficult than what their current skill-set might be and then I get -- SLAMMED -- just for offering some simple help. GEEZUS!!!

The channel-strip 3D CAD-model shown in my response is what I have designed for another member of this forum and I have spent plenty of hours of my personal time coming up with that 3D CAD-model for him -- AND!!! --.....I have done that for him for FREE!!! So.....don't go telling me that I am "SELLING" my services!!!

/

Yeah. That’s my situation today. At the AccorHotel Arena. Would have needed a lot more planning though.
These kinds of situations have helped me buy gear, motorcycles, BBQs and car parts in the past. This would have been a great one to have back in the states.

These are REALLY good servicable consoles. They sound excellent, have room for mods, and a frame and backplane that will last forever. I would STRONGLY disagree that they are going down in value. You may see unserviced/worn out units for less, but a serviced working console is worth some money.

They further have options/modules available that MOST broadcast consoles do not have. MANY broadcast consoles do not even have EQ. This series has eq, and compression/limiter modules, I think I have even seen more comprehensive EQ's for the penthouse. Additionally it is transformer coupled rather than direct like most consoles after this era. Did I mention EVERY INPUT CHANNEL COMES WITH DIRECT OUTS - and typically they are already wired to the back.

Lots to love in the LAST of the truly analog compmact console series. Swiss made too.

Yeah. That’s my situation today. At the AccorHotel Arena. Would have needed a lot more planning though.
These kinds of situations have helped me buy gear, motorcycles, BBQs and car parts in the past. This would have been a great one to have back in the states.
Hey ! You're in town with GreenDay ? Funky !
Sure it would have been the perfect occasion .. When are you leaving ? Do you want to come check it out in person tomorrow, if schedule allows ?

I bet your friend has done some nice work on that thing.
He did !
Thanks for the kind words re that desk ! It is lovely for sure ... velvety in a way, but not dull... it's a very nice design, and the transformers to add that sheen we like.
I was tempted to buy it for me but I won't have my next "real" mixroom before at least 2 years and no way to put in storage before that... so I am helping him find a new home for it !

He did !
Thanks for the kind words re that desk ! It is lovely for sure ... velvety in a way, but not dull... it's a very nice design, and the transformers to add that sheen we like.
I was tempted to buy it for me but I won't have my next "real" mixroom before at least 2 years and no way to put in storage before that... so I am helping him find a new home for it !
They have a nice big warm yet clear sound - a sound of thier own - yet neutral. Large soundstage. Would I prefer a braodcast Neve?? Probably, but I dont see those going down in value either. The ones that are kinda going down are the later desktop type, and the lower end stuff of course never holds it's value. Those 963's probably cost what a good chunk of an average american home did when they came out - not throw away toy kit at all, its solid stuff. MUCH EASIER TO SERVICE THAN MANY OF THE SAME ERA, and parts are not through the roof.

Now I am fired to to set up a small one here for myself... OK I have convinced myself. I think I just dusted off two empty bays yesterday; dang, all I need is another project. Let's see, one bay has be be all the output group/master stuff... that leaves 12 slots (did I mention that they came with two different bay sizes?)

Back