Studio Console-homework

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would never have chosen white on cream as a colour scheme but, looking at it, it makes a striking change from traditional dark consoles. I really like it

How are you labeling it? I see it's not etching.

Estomagado

yes. I bought a transparent matte film for printing on a laser printer and printed it out. This film is with a self-adhesive layer.
what/how are you routing to the phones?
Do you mean signal routing? You can send a signal to the headphones from the main output- L\ R or PFL. I have two headphone outputs and they are independent of each other.
Great job indeed!
Thanks! The work is still ongoing.
I really like it

pvision

Thanks! I'm already tired of the standard gray and black tones of consoles. For myself, I decided to choose a light, but warm- beige / ivory. It tires my vision and brain less. ) In addition, it looks good in combination with natural wood. In the 90s I had a car from 1969 - GAZ-21 "Volga" of the same color.

I bought a transparent matte film for printing on a laser printer and printed it out. This film is with a self-adhesive layer.
I use exactly the same solution for my prototypes.
I was concerned regarding durability, but it turns out to be acceptable.
I use an ink-jet printer.

Attachments

• front panel.jpg
    front panel.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 99
I bought a transparent matte film for printing on a laser printer and printed it out. This film is with a self-adhesive layer.
In the past I've used transparent waterslide decal paper which works through both laser and inkjet printers.

Waterslides are like the old decals you got on Airfix etc kits (those of a certain age etc) - they float on wet. Lacquer over and other than very close inspection you wouldn't know it wasn't silk screened.

@Sonic - your console is an amazing piece of work. Thank you for taking the time to document it here - fascinating reading :)

Congrats, looks pretty good and I like the white color also.

As you designed a custom desk from scratch it would be great to have considered some proper space for the keyboard and mouse, maybe you can still find a good solution for those

Well, now that I realize I will never produce anything that awesome, maybe I'll change to different hobby....I hear underwater basket weaving can be fun....

That is an incredibly impressive project. Truly inspirational.

Thank you for sharing.

a transparent matte film for printing on a laser printer
What is the best method you found for cutting out the round holes for buttons and pot shafts without ripping the material? Just a razor knife, or did you find something better?

What is the best method you found for cutting out the round holes for buttons and pot shafts without ripping the material? Just a razor knife, or did you find something better?

Not for this application, but in the 80s and 90s I used to sharpen the edges of one side of metal tubes and used them to punch holes in vinyl and polycarbonate sheets that I used as panels. Had a bunch of tubes in different gauges to cover for different hole sizes. Pretty smooth cuts and precise diameters.

Don't know if it's what Sonic is using, but it works.

Not for this application, but in the 80s and 90s I used to sharpen the edges of one side of metal tubes and used them to punch holes in vinyl and polycarbonate sheets that I used as panels. Had a bunch of tubes in different gauges to cover for different hole sizes. Pretty smooth cuts and precise diameters.

Learned that as a student in the 80s, to use both sides of a single side floppy disk. Double sided ones were expensive in Brazil.

As you designed a custom desk from scratch it would be great to have considered some proper space for the keyboard and mouse

Whoops

from the very beginning of the design, I didn't think about it. Now I'm looking for a solution.
I hear underwater basket weaving can be fun....

noizetoys

we say: fear has big eyes. I don't know if it sounds right in English.
In general, I have been preparing myself for this project for a long time. )
What is the best method you found for cutting out the round holes for buttons and pot shafts without ripping the material?

ccaudle

first I glued the film, and then I cut the holes with a medical scalpel.

Estomagado

I have a professional set of such sharpened tubes, from 3 to 25 mm in diameter.
But here I cut the holes right on the spot, with a scalpel.

Many thanks to everyone for their feedback and recommendations! Your opinion is important to me.

Latest posts

Back