Studio move

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stagefright13

Past couple years have been rough on us. Had to move my studio twice in 2 years. Sold stuff to finance moves. But finally got new permanent location well off the main street in middle of nowhere. Have tracking room set up and workshop one room over. Control room is now 2 floors up from there. Perfect isolation. Control room is HUGE. Have to save up to refit it for acoustic panels.
  Had $3000 worth of mics stolen in the process. Thank god I sold my U87 to finance move or woulda been stolen too! But thankfully A good client instead of paying me bought me the mics he needed for his project instead. Needless to say he gets free recording for life! LOL! All is well here. I bounce back and excited to be up again. Will post link to some pics in A bit. Workshop came with place. Old and rustic but  manly LOL! Time to build my 1176's LA2A and SSL again for starters.

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipNTgiOEvgY34KRYUmHlLtkNXenU0dNy7VoXE3t6RO34Nq9e1JkW2IT0MvDuyaOrGQ?key=T3l0UnVoTVp0TC1TZkZUSEZLMDdkNzZDZHFXc21n

I was doing a probuono workshop for urban youth last year teaching pt and beatmaking using minimalist tools and a laptop and had 3 mics and my hi end ad da stolen while packing up the class and bringing stuff to my car. God was i f****g resentful. Of course nobody knew who did it and i get it. In many ways it was my fault for not paying attention  (these kids dont have much) and i kept the classes going till the end with not one incident again. It still burned. Good luck on your future studio endeavor.

well mics are gone. D6, 2 4033's 1 Cad 179, Sm7b,  2 SM57  I5,,etc. But my guy got me an SM7b new and A 57 and still had 2 good mics left. Plus some other mics up and running song one is recorded for him. Needs edit and mix.  Not  slowing me down.  Not even in the least. :)
  LOVE new place! :)

Rocinante said:
I was doing a probuono workshop for urban youth last year teaching pt and beatmaking using minimalist tools and a laptop and had 3 mics and my hi end ad da stolen while packing up the class and bringing stuff to my car. God was i f****g resentful. Of course nobody knew who did it and i get it. In many ways it was my fault for not paying attention  (these kids dont have much) and i kept the classes going till the end with not one incident again. It still burned. Good luck on your future studio endeavor.

There is a studio in Weehawken, NJ called IIWII.  (It was named by the late Roy Cicala, who was involved in the studio's original build, and he said it was a phrase often used by John Lennon.) Really nice set-up, too, with a Focusrite console, all sorts of nifty outboard, and a very large live room. (The space is also used for tour rehearsals.)

The studio was flooded by Hurricane Sandy, and they had the insurance and the resources to rebuild. And during the rebuild, some gear was stolen. But! The thieves were idiots and were caught on surveillance cameras and promptly identified and arrested and the gear was recovered.

Back