Stupid AES/EBU cable question

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ricardus

WILL SOLDER FOR FOOD
No longer in NY and below the Mason Dixon line.
I am going to transfer some stuff from DAT with an AES/EBU cable, and I'll build the cable. And I should know the answer to this since I used to work for an audio cabling manufacturer, but I'm just making sure. I have some short lengths of appropriate 110 ohm cable, but do the XLR connectors matter?

I thought I saw some years ago that someone made special XLRs for 110 ohm wire. Online in the pics the connectors look like standard connectors.

Last edited:
I am going to transfer some stuff from DAT with an AES/EBU cable, and I'll build the cable. And I should know the answer to this but I'm just making sure. I have some short lengths of appropriate 110 ohm cable, but do the XLR connectors matter?

I thought I saw some years ago that someone made special XLRs for 110 ohm wire. Online the connectors look like standard connectors.
Made many an aes cable with standard neutrik connectors. Never been a problem. I suspect anything made special is an excuse to charge you more like in audiophile land.

Latest posts

Back