Super duper power cables snake oil?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ding

So I heard about this on the newest pensados place. Sounded very much like a product placement and complete snake oil stuff but what do I know. I can tell you that the most "affordable" cable is $200 and their most affordable power strip is $500. WOW!!!!!! Way out of my price range. Is this a bunch of BS? You got to hear pensado sell this like his mom made it.

http://www.essentialsound.com

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZocORSePN8

Any thought????

" am very happy with the MusicCord power cord. I have a Cornford MK-50, a $3000 amp with a cheap Chinese cord. Are you kidding me? The old cord is very distorted and muddy sounding now compared to MusicCord-PRO. Thanks for really digging into the basic small things that are overlooked, which when all added up equal everything."

"An amazing, unexpected and wonderful thing happened when I used MusicCord-PRO power cord with my Motion Sound KP500. The added bass response, clarity and accuracy that was added made the sound that was not quite perfect suddenly perfect to my ears. The build quality is outstanding. It will probably outlive the pyramids!"

"I cant believe the difference the MusicCord-PRO power cable has made with my guitar rig. Lows are tight and percussive, mids have come alive and the highs are smooth. I don't know how your power cables do what they do but I would never be able to play my rig without one now."

"In my media room, I don't know where to start. It sounds like I bought a new pair of speakers, as if a blanket had been covering them all along or I had cotton or wax in my ears. The surround speakers have come to life. Regular CD's and burned CD's sound better than ever before, like an SACD, or as if they had been remastered."

What do you reckon?

No one can explain why, in the huge distances that electricity has travelled from the power station to a house, why replacing the last metre of cable makes such a difference. 

What's different about this final metre?  Surely all the cheapo domestic cable in the walls of the house between the consumer unit and the plug sockets would undo any difference that this last metre of cable could possibly make.

They never heard the distortion before but now they suddenly have super hearing ?
never mind electrical, it's a modern medical marvel!

I would imagine replacing the coffee maker cord with one of these would make a cheap blend taste like pure Colombian gold. You never knew your brew could taste this good!

How about this page, where "independent testing" shows over 50% reduction of IMD???

http://www.essentialsound.com/press-releases.htm

I think this miracle cable might also *Generate Free Electricity*!!!  I heard one was used on the x-ray machine at a local hospital and it *Cured Cancer*!!!

Don't forget all the SCIENCES they've done.
http://www.essentialsound.com/power-cable-technology.htm

What i want to know is why there isn't any magnets to deflect the gravitational waves? Idiots!

rob_gould said:
No one can explain why, in the huge distances that electricity has travelled from the power station to a house, why replacing the last metre of cable makes such a difference. 

What's different about this final metre?  Surely all the cheapo domestic cable in the walls of the house between the consumer unit and the plug sockets would undo any difference that this last metre of cable could possibly make.

i use to use cheap regular cable between my TV and roof aerial, and on last meter or so (on TV end), coaxial cable...
and it was performing as good as all coaxial cable...  way cheaper too  8)

rob_gould said:

I've had this exact thought.

An old colleague of mine (well, he's not particularly old, but our colleague-ship was a while ago) once suggested a wonderful product for these folks who believe in magic power cables. I wonder if anyone has made something like this yet?

The mains flywheel: massive flywheel in a sound-proofed enclosure. Driven by that nasty inferior mains and generating the cleanest 50 or 60Hz sine waves you can get. Kind of an electro-mechanical transformer with a very narrow-band filter.

One could make millions...

Latest posts

Back