Swapping an M7 capsule for a K49 in my U47

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not to hijack but can anyone recommend someone to reskin a M7 (Beesneez) in the USA? I'd hate to ship something to Germany if it can be done well closer to home.

I actually don't know anyone that reskins those capsules besides Thiersch and Drefahl in Europe. But there's probably someone in the US doing it.

best bet is to ask around in Klaus Heyne's forum as he is located in the US and most forum users also:

https://repforums.prosoundweb.com/index.php/board,27.0.html

What's your opinions on the Beesneez capsules? are they good quality?
I've only got one capsule, and it isn't working properly now. But from comparisons I've listened to they are among the better clone capsules in that they don't weak or hazy, but I also find them to have a certain coloration to them. Nothing touches Neumann IMO.

I have the BN K7 and his M7. The K7 is great and so far, it's one of my favorite sounding capsules. For some singers, I have found nothing better. the M7 is the defective one. I did get pricing from Doug Walker (super helpful). In the case of a non-vintage capsule, it's probably best just to buy a new one as a reskin is more costly than the replacement.

I have the BN K7 and his M7. The K7 is great and so far, it's one of my favorite sounding capsules. For some singers, I have found nothing better. the M7 is the defective one. I did get pricing from Doug Walker (super helpful). In the case of a non-vintage capsule, it's probably best just to buy a new one as a reskin is more costly than the replacement.
Why not send it back to Ben?

I found the k47 a little muffled at the highs the new ones k49 from the 70s are more high . But the old never been cleaned up the kk47 . Original with seals

Latest posts

Back