T-14 Transformer China Manufactured..

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmanj

I welcome everyone.

Has anyone tried the Chinese transformer T-14?
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002226188375.html
I asked the seller to send technical documentation for it.

INDUCTANCE - 1KHZ/0.3V
100H±15% - 1Blue 2Blue
900mH±15% - 3Red 4Red

DCR
925Ω±10% - 1Blue 2Blue
18.0Ω±10% - 3Red 4Red

Is this technical data within the limits of the original T-14/1 or not good enough ?

Last edited:
I have nothing to compare with. Only one. I made a microphone with C12 according to the M251 scheme and I like it.

I asked to be sent the technical documentation for the T-14 ASTDS.
It was indicated there - Customer: AMI
It turns out that these transformers can be identical to AMI T-14 ?

You can also buy a "Neumann" microphone in Aliexpress, so are the genuine identical to the chineese ones?

Last edited:
You can also buy a "Neumann" microphone in Aliexpress, so are the genuine identical to the chineese ones?
I don't really understand your analogy..
It is unlikely that you will find detailed technical documentation for a fake Neumann microphone .., especially the customer is Neumann ..
If you have seen this, please provide a link to it.

Here, the opposite is true, in the detailed technical documentation (ratio, DCR, inductance, pinout) with the image of the T-14 ASTDS transformer (which is sold on aliexpress) - the AMI customer is indicated.
It is quite possible (not sure) that AMI uses the same transformers, but in a different "wrapper" ..

For example, I give part of this datasheet.

I measured the inductance and DCR of this transformer and these values correspond to what is written in the datasheet.

Attachments

• AMI T-14.jpg
    AMI T-14.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
They can write whatever they want on their products as I pointed with fake Neumann microphones, why to believe them so? I would be more careful with accusations.

I have tried once the AMI T13 and ASTDS T13 and they did not sound the same. Also I remember the laminations were not the same.

Yeah, I was confused, but now I think I may somewhat follow, that it’s just random accusations.

Personally, I’d just bite the bullet and go with the known. If budget is an issue, I’d try contacting Crimson Audio, as their CT-T14 is a great inspired-by product at a killer price. I have no idea of Crimson’s availability or how their communication is right now though; post Covid lockdowns.

Last edited:
They can write whatever they want on their products as I pointed with fake Neumann microphones, why to believe them so?
This is not about fake microphones that say Neumann, but about a specific transformer that says T-14 ASTDS, but does not say T-14 AMI.
- It's completely different.

AMI customer - this is written in a detailed datasheet, which was sent to me, probably from the Chinese manufacturer.
Such a datasheet is hardly available in the public domain.

For AMI T-14, I could not find such technical documentation ..

It looks as though the intention of what was said in the message has been misread. It appears to me that they are trying to say to the customer that the specs are the same as the AMI.

That said, there are several reasons that won’t be true, but the basic thing is there are nuanced details of construction which then effect properties of the transformer that a spec sheet may not fully illustrate.

It is very certain that AMI isn’t buying those transformers. Anyone who has paid attention knows the difference in look, as well as various pics of the AMI process that have been shared over the years. I may be misunderstanding what you’re suggesting though.

Last edited:
I would be more careful with accusations.
I wrote It is quite possible (not sure)...
- Where did you see the accusations??

It is possible that they fake AMI transformers, but for some reason do not write AMI on them ..
It’s just that I don’t understand why they write this in their datasheets, which the buyer will not see?

Last edited:
Back