TC Electronic M-One won't boot...

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pucho812 said:
i have found the 85 degree caps are more prone to failure in the m-ones especially when they are in a rack with out any spaces between units for ventilation.

go with the 105 degree caps.  Secondly replace the cap in the picture.  As for c19 I would go with the value on the schematic. It's highly possible there was a mistake when they were making these. Very easy to grab the wrong part if your not paying attention.

Thanks Pucho! C19 has 5mm raster though and I saw now that my supplier only has 470/10 with 3.5mm raster. Could I go with a 470/16 instead, or should I stick with a 470/10 with smaller footprint?

Update: I opened up a brand new M-One that I have and it also has a 1000/6,3 in C19. I also noticed that the old unit doesn't have VL1 populated while the new unit does. Apart from that the PSUs seem to be identical.

Trying to find out more about these two. No hope to get it from TC I guess, they seem pretty strict with schematics. But I may have an other option.  :)

Reporting back:

I went for a 1000/6.3 as was present on the board instead of what it said in the schematic I found. I also changed the 22/400 for one with higher temperature rating, as was discussed.

The verdict: it's working perfectly! I tried the firmware upgrade and it worked flawlessly immediately. No more weird behaviour when I turn it on.

This was my first real troubleshooting in electronics btw.  :) Really happy I managed to fix this.

congrads on getting it all working. High temp caps in those is key. As for the difference in values from schematic to manufactured board, it is something to note for sure for future reference. Between drawing and manufacturing a lot of things can change or go wrong. good Job.

Latest posts

Back