Tesla Truck

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
living sounds said:
Looks like a total joke IMO. Like a prop from an the 80s C-movie.

To be honest, every time I see a Tesla I think "oversized Opel" (GM brand in Germany). Teslas never look like cars costing 100,000 bucks to me.
You're seeing that from the wrong POV. Tesla's are not about looks, they're about being different. Typical Tesla owners don't care how much their cars look.
EV's are still a relative rarity, so that's the statement.

abbey road d enfer said:
You're seeing that from the wrong POV. Tesla's are not about looks, they're about being different. Typical Tesla owners don't care how much their cars look.
EV's are still a relative rarity, so that's the statement.

Well, that new truck shows clearly that the people at Tesla now think it's advantagous for their vehicles to look different, too. ;-)

But cars generally look a lot more boing today IMO than they did in some earlier times.

living sounds said:
But cars generally look a lot more boing today IMO than they did in some earlier times.
They (almost) all come from the same softwares, designed by people that come from the same schools, and manufactured in plants that use the same machinery. They also use the same gimmicks, like the fashion industry.
Add to that the constraints brought by environmental issues and the lemming attitude of most car buyers, one day the only difference in cars will be the logo.
The previous individualist attitude of motorists is not PC anymore. The ultimate notion of cars as pure commodities can be viable only if there is no distinction between cars.
This is not what I favour, but it sure looks like it's what generation Z wants...
This Earth is no more mine, it's theirs...

It’s just like music.  The older you get the more new music is just boring to you.  The old music makes you think your younger.  But it’s just old music to the actual young.  Really the beginning of some conservative ideals I’m afraid..   

That Tesla is but ugly to me.  But towing 14k lbs with the triple motor option is impressive.  Not that I need that.  12k lbs works for me. ;)

The technical term is "butt" ugly...

That truck skin is likely just a working prototype to use while developing the drivetrain etc.  No sense showing the world everything while still years away from shipping.

All the major truck manufacturers are already developing their own EV trucks. Any clever features are best hidden until closer to release.

JR

Do they have the much lauded Tesla  'spontaneous combustion' feature too ?  [optional extra!]

Or the 'auto-plow' functionality that is growing in popularity, like it or not ?

I guess the upside is the wonderful taxpayer funded 'incentives' that make it all possible for mr Musk :)

Back