Thanks for having me!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whynot

Hello there,

Thank you for having me!

I’m a home recordist and developing songwriter with a fun little 32 channel tracking setup at home (currently 20 mic inputs & the rest line inputs), and a taste for learning, and building, when it makes sense. I work a day job as a software dev, which may inform my curiosity about circuit building. I’m also a new dad, so I make time in the studio between work and parenting.

So far I’ve built a pair of JLM LA500a compressors, a mic-parts T-12, a splitter box, a reamp box and about a bajillion balanced audio cables. I’m currently building a trio of stereo transformer I/O boxes at the encouragement of Brent Hahn over at GS, per Barry Rudolph’s interesting write-up at sonarworks (Transformers: Magically Colorize Your Sound - Sonarworks Blog). They’ve been a lot of fun so far, but being my first experience trying to make sense of schematics, I remain stumped by the switching implementation. so I’ll probably post a question about this once I’ve figured out the etiquette up here.

Thanks so much for having me!
Very kindly
Michael

Attachments

• A-20-box.jpg
    A-20-box.jpg
    200.8 KB · Views: 9

Latest posts

Back