The Christmas Thread, 2008 edition

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Doc gave me some drugs. We'll see.

Anyway... When I was a boy, I always enjoyed to help my father put up our Christmas lights. Even today, it still pleases me to decorate my modest apartment with a few lights. I did this today and snapped some pics.

Wreath.jpg

I still like the old C7 strings and "tree topper" fixtures of my youth. It's incandescent all the way for me; modern LED-based Christmas lights just leave me cold for some reason.

C7.jpg

And here's the job finished:
Lights2008.jpg

If you put up lights, snap a couple of pics and share with us!

Merry Christmas and Happy holidays to all. i've only a digital phone camera that cant take a decent indoor photo otherwise i'd post some. i have it on good authority that santa will be leaving a digital camera for my daughter on Christmas. Dave ,we use those bigger old fashion lights also.(outside the house).  on the tree we have the usual as well as some bubble lights.(just like grandma used to have)

http://www.oldchristmaslights.com/bubble_lights1.htm

I just finished wiring up a guitar pickguard with new pickups and tone cap. The tone cap color was green and the wiring a mixture of red and green. Maybe it was because that is all I had on hand, Maybe it's because those are Christmas colors ;D

Hi everyone and hope you all have an awesome holiday! Haven't been around in a while cause of too much work and not enough money. But I did make my girlfriend Christmas cookies and home made french Vanilla ice cream with cashews in it. And I got her some video games to keep her busy while I make my 1176 during the holiday!

Hope everyone is enjoying the holidays as much as me. Still haven't figured out what to give my son for Christmas tho. Last year was a Mila and that will be hard to top! ;) And Dave I love the lights!

I love dogs and my Australian Shepard says hi as well. Heheh

John

PRR, Nice Corgi! I miss mine he passed a few years back but he was a rambunctious little fox! The countdown begins as less than a week!

I bought stollen and plum pudding a couple of days ago (and man, prices have gone up about 50% over last year!)... tonight I made some Glühwein... it's been snowing like crazy. Yep, it's that time o' year for sure.

I was in Prague a couple of days ago and the "Christmas market" in the old town square was about
as "Christmasie" as you can get !  .... wonderful stuff

MM.

Well, it's Christmas Eve night here in NY. This has always been my favorite part of the holiday, the time that (at the risk of sounding corny) felt most magical. Christmas Day itself always seemed kind of anticlimactic for some reason. Anyway, I'd like to send greetings and best wishes to all my friends, all over the world.

http://www.wpix.com/pages/video/?autoStart=true&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=2038439

its 11:35 pm here, just enjoying the last 4 or 5 hours peace before our 6 year old springs awake with the 'hes been' cry. been a real struggle to sort him this year, but its all turned out ok in the end.

All the best to all you peeps, and may next year hold even more magic

Iain

MartyMart said:
I was in Prague a couple of days ago and the "Christmas market" in the old town square was about
as "Christmasie" as you can get !  .... wonderful stuff

MM.

I did that about 12 years ago.

Is the brass band still playing there wearing just shirts in the freezing cold ??

NewYorkDave said:
Marty, that sounds wonderful.
I'm of Middle European heritage, myself, and I've always thought it would be pleasant to spend a Christmas in one of those "old world" cities.

Prague is a wonderful city to visit, it was very warm when we went there.

Back