The real attack on Democracy.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Speaking about politics, the senate voted along party lines to dismiss both impeachment articles presented to charge Homeland Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas. This was pretty much a waste of time. Secretary Mayorkas is not obviously incompetent or disobeying orders. He is doing exactly what his boss wants him to do.

November is getting closer.

JR

PS: The older I get the faster time seems to be going by. I don't normally like that but I'll be glad when this year is done.

Course we know Fr Ted ,Jack,Dougal and Mrs Doyle :D

I think almost every county on Irelands western atlantic sea board has a multitude of islands off its coast , Cork ,Kerry , Clare , Galway, Mayo,Sligo, Donegal ,
like wheels within wheels ,
In the olden days many housed contemplative monastic settlements , now the clergy are gone,
Some islands have converted to refuges for creative people searching for a simpler way of life ,
with personal space and little or no man made noise .
Much of the land on Irelands western coast is not suitable for machinery because it was gouged out by glaciers , What they did on the less fertile places was to harvest sea weed as a fertilliser , and after several lifetimes of pulling boulders out of the soil , you had dirt you could use a spade to dig , rocks you dug out of the ground were made into dry stone walls ,to contain animals .

The movie 'The Field' with Richard Harris is a damn sight closer to the reality than the 'Quiet man' with John Wayne ,

Cheers to the veers Groselicain,
now back to the usual political screed.

"The Battle of Gettysburg. What an unbelievable — it was so much and so interesting, and so vicious and horrible, and so beautiful in so many different ways. It represented such a big portion of the success of this country. Gettysburg, wow.” - Donald Trump, 2024

He's right, the Battle of Gettysburg was definitely symbolic. Odd choice of words but I get his point as I'm sure you do as well.

Last edited:
Here's what was in Biden's teleprompter:

Are you ready to choose unity over division, dignity over demolition, and choose truth over lies? (Applause.) Are you ready to choose freedom and democracy? Because that’s America. (Applause.)

But I understood what he was trying to say, and I'm sure you did as well.

Biden does struggle with a teleprompter every time he's in front of one, no argument here.

There's some absolute gems in this compilation!

“It represented such a big portion of the success of this country. Gettysburg, wow. I go to Gettysburg’s Pennsylvania to look and to watch, and the statement of Robert E. Lee, who’s no longer in favor, did you ever notice that? No longer in favor. ‘Never fight uphill, me boys. Never fight uphill,’ he said. Wow. That was a big mistake. He lost his great general.”

Gettysburg. Wow. Did Trump lift this shtick from Drunk History?

He's right, the Battle of Gettysburg was definitely symbolic. Odd choice of words but I get his point as I'm sure you do as well.

Trump even invents battles that never happened. On his golf course, there's a monument for a non-existing battle. I'm not sure if this is blatant ignorance or a lack of respect for history...

Trump even invents battles that never happened. On his golf course, there's a monument for a non-existing battle. I'm not sure if this is blatant ignorance or a lack of respect for history...
Biden invents jobs he's never held, trucks he's never driven, cancers that he never cured, said his son died in Iraq, said his house burned down in a fire, claimed he was a professor at uPenn, said he was active in the civil rights movement..... I'm not sure (actually I am sure) if he's a pathological liar or has a lack of respect to those he's pandering to at any given moment.

I thought WHATABOUTISM is frowned upon in the Brewery? :ROFLMAO:

That's the kind of boasting we all are guilty of at times. Coupled to a bit of amnesia, perhaps. Not a good thing, obviously. Worrying even.

But it's still very far from putting up a monument for something that never happened. That's either incredible idiocy or narcissism at it's best. Or both?

That's the kind of boasting we all are guilty of at times.
Really? Claiming to have graduated top of your class, earned degrees you didn't, held jobs you didn't? Do you do that? Everywhere I worked that would get you fired if put on your resume or claimed in an interview.

Coupled to a bit of amnesia, perhaps.
Yes. Amnesia. From the bicycle fall, perhaps. That must be it. No other indications of anything more serious.

Not a good thing, obviously. Worrying even.
LOL. You think?

But it's still very far from putting up a monument for something that never happened.
Fake monument is stupid.

That's either incredible idiocy or narcissism at it's best. Or both?
Yes, Biden's various claims are narcissistic. He's been caught doing it for decades. Now he's the subject of elder abuse on top of all that

What?! LOL. Speak for yourself.

Well, I'm sure you never boast about anything, just like you never lie, never swear or curse...

Your only fault seems to be that you're absolutely negative about certain people because they're from the other side. Us and them...

I'm extremely aware of my own faults, being a pathological liar thankfully isn't one of them.

Again, I'm not the one who said..

That's the kind of boasting we all are guilty of at times.

I'll take you at your own word. Now that I think about it, I've always thought something was off with some of your anecdotal stories. Now I know, I suppose?

Last edited:
claimed he was a professor at uPenn
Well, he was. Where it gets fuzzy is the duration he served and whether one thinks he merited the term "full professor." Maybe you should actually research this stuff before you start spewing. You're welcome to charge that he said he was a full professor when that's probably not an accurate term for his position. You can say that he misstated the duration of his time at Penn. But if you're worried about him claiming to be a professor there? It's in the freaking job title.

Please try for a little more veracity in your invective next time. Thank you.

Latest posts

Back