the u.s. airforce on transformers

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You just have to love the "analog animations" and MR Voltage! ;D

US army is a good resource for info on  electronics. I love the NEETS to they are one of the best basic teaching material out there

pucho812 said:
Well to quote Dave royer, the best books on electronics  is the jan(joint army navy) book 4th edition.  Don't get the 5th edition but get the 4th edition.

Interesting! I tried to find this book but Google didn't help mich. Do you have a link or a number for it?

NO I unfortunately I do not...  I'll get clarification from dave next time I see him... For all I know JAN no longer exists  and has been renamed something else.  But Dave would tell you the books were written in such a way that guys who were from places in the u.s. where they did not know what a t.v. was, could fix a sonar while the sub was in the depths of the ocean.

Archive.org is also a good resource. I find myself lost for hours there finding books and articles about Electronics. They even have some vintage Jim Williams there :)

S

now we shall learn about the capacitor.

please sharpen your #2 pencil and obtain a piece of lined paper.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bBifpRa890

my teacher had us make resistors by scribbling on a piece of paper with a pencil and then hooking up the 400 volt Heathkit pwr supply to the paper with alligator clips, as the voltage was increased, the paper would burst into flames, great fun for a bunch of high school punks, probably couldn't get away with that nowadays, parents would sue for second hand smoke and the fire marshal would have a heart attack,

The instructor sounds like Daffy Duck. You'd think they could do better.
Back in the day though they would let the nerds speak on camera.

Not so much anymore. To our detriment btw.

Latest posts

Back