There’s a llama at the studio…

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pucho812

Was reminded of a story I read.
Michael Jackson and Freddie Mercury were going to do a duets album.
They were in the studio working when the following happened…

Queen’s manager Jim “Miami” Beach, remembers getting a frantic call from Mercury during the sessions. “Freddie said, ‘You have to get me out of the studio’,” Beach said on the documentary The Great Pretender. When the manager asked why, Mercury reportedly said, “Because I’m recording with a llama. Michael’s bringing his pet llama into the studio every day and I’m really not used to it and I’ve had enough and I want to get out.”

The album was never finished or released.

Interesting. I have read Bruce Svedien's book among other things and never came across this story. Google "michael jackson llama" and you find lot's of pictures of the pair...

When they built studio D at Westlake for MJ he had specified that they make a lounge for bubbles his chimp. It had a window overlooking the live room from above and apparently MJ would make gestures to his monkey will recording snd the monkey gestured back.
I don’t fault or find it weird a person has a pet and brings it to the studio, I do get annoyed when they don’t say anything and the pet does their bathroom breaks and no one knows

When they built studio D at Westlake for MJ he had specified that they make a lounge for bubbles his chimp. It had a window overlooking the live room from above and apparently MJ would make gestures to his monkey will recording snd the monkey gestured back.
I don’t fault or find it weird a person has a pet and brings it to the studio, I do get annoyed when they don’t say anything and the pet does their bathroom breaks and no one knows

Error...MJ major 'problems' were not pet related.

Back