"There's probably no God..." campaign

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thats a critical topic, belief is a beautiful honor. But because of Religion the people were and are in war with one another.
belief can be a malicious honor thing. in this 3 month the second brother killed his sister cause she feld in love with a nother one who had a different religion which was against the religion of their family (in our city).
some religions brang a lot of bale to the people in the past 100-500 years.
wimen with red hairs had to die and many other issues making the folk angry and got them belief.
till now!

they belief on old things written before more than 200 years. Please god if you are still alive, do an update please for 2009 for "those" religions!
we ware all the same. we are human beings with two legs and two arms and one brain.

Any religion which impended full integration of folks is not good for us all i think. a girl should choose her boyfriend or girlfriend like she want and without fear beeing killed.
that are my two knock out criterions for good and bad religions.

personally if i had to choose i would choose for Buddhistical religion. This religion is a good nature to all people on the world inlcuding different religions. they pray for all of us.
This is ideal.

The composer and music professor emeritus Alden Ashforth once told me that at Princeton, periodically this philosophy student would come into the cafeteria and loudly proclaim:  "There is no God, and I am his prophet!"

karl j said:
Unfortunately you can't have religious fanatics without religion.   

True but you can also be a fanatic without a religion.

@bcarso,

That can't be true. I don't remember any of my prophets being at Princeton.

you can find fanaticism especially in religions.
some religions are similar to the description of fanaticism.
theres no tolerance for anybody who thinks different. it goes up to depression, criminal assault and murder especially for wimans and sodomites.

I have no intention of dragging this subject into "who is right" but if you extend your research beyond what it is put up in wikipedia, you will find out that depression, criminal assault, murder and all the other factors you mention are the causes of becoming a "religious fanatic" not the religion itself.

Somebody actually put up a link to a presentation about this partricular issue from Islamic point of view which I strongly suggest you to watch if you wish to broaden your view.

I am not suggesting you are looking at this from Islamic point of view alone, you may have a point in US but even then the overwhelming majority of it is all based on people's personal problems and how they take up and interpret a religion. Coincidentally I was reading something about the people who keep guns in US, particularly the religious ones in Sunday Times Magazine. You did not need to be an expert to understand that all the people interviewed were from of troublesome background. Simply looking at the picture would make you go "no wonder". Take the religion and give them a communist point of view, you'll have people fighting for a revolution in US soil.

In European societies it certainly was not and still is not the case. If you are old enough to remember the "terorist fanatics" of Europe during 70s, notably in Germany, Italy and Turkey you will find that they were all extereme left wing. But most importantly they were all young and bored of their skull and looking for an adventure, something to excite them.

It is the same in Middle East. If you see that presentation you'll see that the number one hero of the youth, who incidentially support so called religious organisations, is the f**king "Terminator". If only Arnie was a muslim the whole Middle east would be in Peace now. Incidentially the problem in Middle East is not a Muslim-Jewish conflict, it is Arab-Israeli problem.

Nothing different for today's so called Islamic terorists. I was reading about this British-Asian guy on the paper who was released from Guantanamo. He travelled to Afghanistan, what he claims to train as aid worker (a very amateurish lie) and was caught on the way to Pakistan on a fake passport. Guess what, the guy was a complete loser and drug abuser when he was in UK before he travelled to Afghanistan. It wouldn't be difficult to say when he needed drugs he would cut your throat off to steal your wallet.

I also remember getting exteremely pissed off when I read that Mike Tyson became a muslim or something in prison. Yeah, any trouble maker who is totally f**ked up suddenly finds a religion and becomes a holly tree and people whom are moderate and respect to moral values introduced from all sorts of religion get the rap.

The point is, if religion introduces fanaticism how come there are also people whom are religious but not fanatics. This fact alone clarifies the situation.

sahib said:
I'll check with the local imam to see if Wednesdays will do to guarantee heaven for you.

Will report back.

Sahib,  statements like this imply an attempt to or desire to convert.

In the US we have christian missionaries that go door to door, house to house soliciting their faith and spreading the word of god in hopes of saving your soul by converting you to what ever their faith may be.

These people are religious, they are fanatics.  We call them, religious fanatics.

peace!

bcarso,

I'll take your word and consider my position on Princeton. See if I can turn few of them into prophets.

karlj,

I know what you mean. Anyhow, I have talked to the imam about Wednesdays and he says "no, stick to tequila".

Peace to everybody.

sahib said:
bcarso,

I'll take your word and consider my position on Princeton. See if I can turn few of them into prophets.

karlj,

I know what you mean. Anyhow, I have talked to the imam about Wednesdays and he says "no, stick to tequila".

Peace to everybody.

Sahib,
    The imam sounds like a wise man!

peace.

I think a person can be very spiritual and not be religious...heck Jesus was accused of hanging out with drunks and prostitutes by the "religious elites" of his day (probably very sincere people much like the right wing conservative fundamentalist of today)...the Seminary Professors of his time saw him as a threat to the system, and moved to eliminate him via "political" means...

I think its a good thing to move away from religion...en masse...but that doesn't imply abandoning the values that religion brings...

IN the New Testement (which is actually quite old by todays standards of books) "true religion" is identified as taking care of the widows and fatherless and visiting those in prison(which at that time was more about politics than criminal activity/although true religion does not despise criminals)...

If the majority of "religious" groups did the basic things that their belief system offered, then religion as a whole would not have the tragic reputation that history and facts have heaved upon it...

Think about it...if there were a group of people who's primary ambition was to take care of widows (including the current crop of divorced and unwed mothers), take care of the fatherless (Darfur comes to mind as well as the entire third world)...and be advocates and contact points for those incarcerated (what kind of difference on re-entry would having a solid community of support available upon leaving prison is possible?)...is there anyone who would oppose a sincere effort by a group like this?

Religion is not the problem...its the human perversion of religion that is the problem.

Back