This is creepy!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian Roth

I was getting ready to shred a pile of ancient paper records, when I ran across something from years ago. It had my landline phone number from OKC that I disconnected 10 years ago when I moved. On a whim, I dialed it on my cell (only phone for 10 years).."sorry that number has been disconnected...:"

My next whim was to do a web search (time on my hands as semi-retired <g>). All I did was enter that ancient phone number.

FREAK OUT!

nuwber.com

Based on that long-disconnected landline number, they displayed my name (with middle initial), current address, previous address. my age, my precise birth date, current cell number, name of an ex-wife and her kids, maps of my current and previous house.

YIKES!!!!!!

Bri

OK.....figured out part of it using the Wayback machine for my own website., Years ago, I had my address and phone numbers on the "contact" page.

But my middle initial and birth date? Current address? Ex wife/kids names?

brrrrrrrrrr

Bri

Not that creepy. A lot of that info is public record. Date of birth, and so on and so on is public record. It’s not that creepy as on thinks until you go one the sites that start list other family members names. My brothers ex wife shows up as a relative on those search sites when I searched myself. I had to see what they know.

Last edited:
Back