Todd Rundgren Feb 1980 about the past and future

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fazer

I was reading an old Feb. 1980 issue of REP, Recording Engineer Producer magazine this morning.  In it Todd Rundgren talks about the future of music and TV phones and computers. 

Kind of amazing in seeing the future.  In 1980 computers were 4k of memory and  8bit processors.  Digital tape machines were $120k and up.  no cell phones to my knowledge. 

I am pasting captures from the magazine article rather than paraphrase the article. 
Amazing Person.

This first scan talks about his perception of the recording artist when he started out in the late 60's.

Attachments

• 1980 Todd Rundgren.jpeg
    1980 Todd Rundgren.jpeg
    43.4 KB
This is Rundgren's idea of the future.    Spot on for the most part 36 years later.

Attachments

• 1980 Todd Rundgren the future.jpeg
    1980 Todd Rundgren the future.jpeg
    31.2 KB
he had an idea for an MTV like station and music download service before it happened, too bad
with those resources I'm sure he would have furthered the state of the art now

fazer said:
I was reading an old Feb. 1980 issue of REP, Recording Engineer Producer magazine this morning.  In it Todd Rundgren talks about the future of music and TV phones and computers. 

Kind of amazing in seeing the future.  In 1980 computers were 4k of memory and  8bit processors. 
In the late '70s my 16 bit computer was fully loaded with 32k of RAM. (H-11 version of DEC LSI 11/2)  while most early personal computers were more modest.
Digital tape machines were $120k and up.  no cell phones to my knowledge. 

I am pasting captures from the magazine article rather than paraphrase the article. 
Amazing Person.

This first scan talks about his perception of the recording artist when he started out in the late 60's.
I remember that magazine... 8)

JR

Latest posts

Back