toggle switch extenders?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hodad

I've got a tuner that has these switches:
switch.jpg

I'd like to get something that would extend these through the front panel.  I'm guessing at some point C&K made something that would work for this job, but I'm struggling to find it.  Any thoughts?

If you only need a few and have a drill press and a tap you could use make something. Use a larger diameter bar stock. Drill out the center until it fits over the switch actuator. Then drill a hole for a set screw and thread it.

You could also just mount a switch to the faceplate and run leads to the PCB.

They make switches with extra long toggles that might fit through on it's own.
I know I've seen these, but I've never seen any kind of extender.

hodad said:
I've got a tuner that has these switches:
I'd like to get something that would extend these through the front panel.  I'm guessing at some point C&K made something that would work for this job, but I'm struggling to find it.  Any thoughts?
You seem to have a c+k toggle from 7000 series with actuator 'L40' (lever handle without cap).
The nylon cap for the lever handle would either be
'L41' lever handle with hight 12.12mm, part# 481001000 (white cap), 481002263 (black cap), 481003000 (red cap) or
'L42' lever handle with hight 19.74mm, part# 481101000 (white cap), 481102263 (black cap), 481103000 (red cap).

The thing I realized after posting is that, since the switches have threaded bases, my best move would be to get a whole bunch of nuts & attach the thing directly to the panel (there's a pcb just for the switches, so it's pretty straightforward).  Then I could get some ordinary switch caps if I want a better "finger feel."  I appreciate all the responses though--good stuff. 

Latest posts

Back