transformer vendor list

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been trying to convince my boss that we could
really save a lot of money on coils if we bought a
winding machine, (which is a bold face lie!).
But so far he hasn't taken the bait.
I guess I will have to either build one or pawn my sister to get one.
I want one that will do .001 wire, which is terribly expensive. (think HS-29!)
:guinness:

[quote author="cjenrick"]
I guess I will have to either build one or pawn my sister to get one.
I want one that will do .001 wire, which is terribly expensive. (think HS-29!)
:guinness:[/quote]

Yeah, I was trying to wound 1600 turns of #41. My wife was enjoying good Russian cursing from our basement every few minutes. I had to redo it at least 3 times. :evil:

:shock:

Top links!!

thanks a lot my friends :sam: :sam:

CJ, your boss shouldn't find his way to the lab. can we block his IP?
:green: :green: :green:

Tony

sometimes rapid had that 100pc price for everything discount, they fucked me up big time cause shipping rate is horrible to anywhere mainland europe.

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME OBTAIN RE-123 ELPC / DBX I WANT THEM ALL
http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=710.msg383034#msg383034

call or email jensen transformers and ask for JT-123 ELPC or DBX.  they are the best ones to help you, though it may not be cheap.

ed

not exactly cheap , and I'm looking for 10+.

If I would pay Jensen's price I'd rather buy hi-nickel Cinemags regardless of PCB mount or not.

if you don't care about getting the exact part, then you have plenty of options... many closer to you and less expensive than jensen or even cinemag.

good luck.

ed

This is a great thread with lots of info... Thanks

1st off to Ed Anderson are you the Ed Anderson that worked for Dorrough ?

This brings back memorys of both Ed Reichenbach and Dean Jensen, I used to sell them stuff
when I worked for my dad... Tom Reichenbach I've never met, but Ed, Dean, Jack,  and Serigo........

Pretty good transformer thread... Thanks for the info

Steve @ Apex Jr.

Just registered to this list. I'm Bill Whitlock, president & chief engineer at Jensen Transformers, Inc. (Note to whomever put the vendor list together: PLEASE list us as Jensen Transformers, Inc. ... we do not, under any circumstances want to be confused with "the other Jensen" that sells blister-pack audio stuff made in China!!)  And while I'm at it, the late Deane Jensen's name is spelled with an "e".

Jensen Transformers makes the best performing low-level transformers in the world and we have the most complete data sheets in the industry to prove it. We sell all our products directly from our factory in Chatsworth, CA, including quantity one orders and we take all major credit cards. I've been an analog circuit designer for 40 years, so we not only know how to design and wind transformers but we thoroughly understand how they interact with active circuitry. Our line is limited to low-level input transformers (such as mic input, moving-coil input, line-input and mic split types), all with both Faraday and magnetic shields, and line-level output transformers, which are all multi-filar wound. We do NOT make power output transformers or AC power transformers. We also do some custom work, for example we've made the output transformer for the AudioPrecision System 1 for many years. The chapter on "Audio Transformers" that I wrote for the Ballou "Handbook for Sound Engineers" is a free download at our website, as are lots of other tutorials about ground loops and application schematics. We also do not furnish ready-to-build complete schematics for projects but we'll happily critique your design and offer suggestions. I'm a Fellow of the Audio Engineering Society and a Senior Member of the Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers. I became owner of Jensen in 1989 ... and if anyone is interested, I'll be happy to explain the history of our company and its relationship with Reichenbach and Jimmy Bauer.  I hope this post is in the right place.

P.S. - great to see a post from Steve at Apex Jr.  I have lots of fond memories of the place in the east valley!

Welcome aboard, Bill!!  I have been a satisfied Jensen Transformer customer since 1977, when I "went nuts" and built a custom 32 x 24 recording desk using 115-K-E input transformers driving (then state-of-the-art) TDA-1034/ne5534 opamps!  Dean helped me out a bit along the way.....

I still have various "ancient" data sheets in my files, and gray Jensen 3-ring binders on my bookshelves.

Best,

Bri

I have to say that I did wonder what all the fuss was about concerning Jensens, until I used one in an SSL 4k style mic pre....

Love at first note. I find an elusive sweetness to them that I have not heard in a transformer before. Very, very nice.

Peter

PS, Bill...I am also a bit fuzzy about the various stuff regarding the Jensen history after Deane passed.....

My 3-ring binders have "Jensen Transformers By Reichenbach Engineering" silk-screened on the binders, and similar info on each data sheet/price list...all from the late 1970's.

Best,

Bri

EngineerBill said:
and if anyone is interested, I'll be happy to explain the history of our company and its relationship with Reichenbach and Jimmy Bauer.

Welcome Bill.  Looking forward to your side of the story.

Deane and I spend many hours discussing the merits (or lack thereof) of UTC transformers.

Latest posts

Back