Tube Microphone SMPS with adjustable B+ and Heater

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elskardio

Hi Guys,

I've been working on a couple of microphones lately based on the M49C.
While I was looking at power supply options, I found a thread were @RuudNL mentioned a small PCB from Aliexpress built around the MAX1771 (Thank you by the way).

That inspired me to design my own PSU.
I'm using a small power module from Mean Well that outputs 12VDC. This feeds the MAX1771 circuit for the B+ and an LM317 circuit for the heater. Both are adjustable and have RC filtering at the output.

This makes a nice compact and lightweight solution to power tube mics. I'm really happy with the results!

Cheers

SMPS.jpg
SMPS_Front.jpg

Last edited:
Good job! Really nice design and very efficient in every way. I think I'll also order a Mean Well IRM-10-12 module to replace my wall wart ( and to use it with the "Ruud" PCB). (y)

They are nice little modules! Rigorously tested to guarantee high efficiency and longevity. I recommend them.
Another not insignificant advantage over a wall-wart is the presence of a PE. This of course makes all the difference for devices that need it. Very compact, good price, great overall.

Latest posts

Back