U67 Build

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know if it works yet!
I could share some boards if there's interest from others.
This looks awesome, great job. I’d totally be interested for a pair. You are not using the feed through 2200pf ceramic caps right? Is there a way or space to fit them in at the base of the mic?

Those 5 are there, but they are SMD. You can see them in the pictures, c12, c15,etc. I was tight on space to fit a thru hole cap.
I couldn't figure out where those were on an original?

You are not using the feed through 2200pf ceramic caps right?
I didn't know the u67 used "feed through" caps - now it makes sense looking at the pictures. But I didn't design for them. Not sure if there would be room to make them work. Electrically a smd cap on the PCB will function equivalently, and easier to source in high quality (C0G).

Those 5 are there, but they are SMD. You can see them in the pictures, c12, c15,etc. I was tight on space to fit a thru hole cap.
I couldn't figure out where those were on an original?
Ah I see. Yes Neumann has them through the pcb at the base of the mic. Klaus heyne likes to remove them I believe..at least the two that are on the audio path.

Add me to the list of hopeful PCB buyers if you decide to go that route. And yes I will be buying a pair of Arienne's K67s to go in this build!

I didn't know the u67 used "feed through" caps - now it makes sense looking at the pictures. But I didn't design for them. Not sure if there would be room to make them work. Electrically a smd cap on the PCB will function equivalently, and easier to source in high quality (C0G).
Yes, U67 use the"feedtrhough caps", you can add an option at your PCB but take care that body has enaugh space for them and also not to touch the grounded mechanical parts around.

This is the smd caps installed (2.2nF C0G)
@Moby should the transformer screws / lams be connected to audio ground or does it not matter? The black wires are connected to ground.

Attachments

• PXL_20230508_030925897.jpg
    PXL_20230508_030925897.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 3
This is the smd caps installed (2.2nF C0G)
@Moby should the transformer screws / lams be connected to audio ground or does it not matter? The black wires are connected to ground.
If I remember correctly U67 has no grounded transformer core. I have to double check it and confirm. Yes, black wires are internal shield and has to be grounded.

If I remember correctly U67 has no grounded transformer core. I have to double check it and confirm. Yes, black wires are internal shield and has to be grounded.
I was wondering about this. I know that the faraday shield can affect interwinding capacitance, but what point would grounding the actual core have? It looks to be grounded in the original 67 because the screws meet a plate which is screwed to the main rails, which are of course grounded.

Add me to the list of those interested in PCBs - looks really fantastic, and I’m sure with @soliloqueen’s capsules it’ll sound just as great

Latest posts

Back