USB audiophilia

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zebra50

$2K for a USB cable anyone?

http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showthread.php?11521-USB-cables/page2

You'll feel inadequate without one!

Or perhaps not. :mad:

It's handcrafted. I mean you can see the handcrafting "quality" on those white heatshrinks on the connector. ;D For 2 grand I would expect a bit more. Like personalised 3d printed gold/diamond crustings whatever..

Good old snake oil salesmen.

I like it! I think I will sell my car I buy one of these  8) do I need a pair for the stereo operation?  ;D

zebra50 said:
$2K for a USB cable anyone?

http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showthread.php?11521-USB-cables/page2

You'll feel inadequate without one!

Or perhaps not. :mad:

Hah, I saw that. There was a Facebook thread about it, and my contribution was "if your kit is improved by using a $2k cable, your kit is broken."

That got the desired reaction. Mastering engineer Dave Collins and I were both banned from posting on that cable company's Facebook page. Mission accomplished.

-a

Well... Testimony: "Second thing I noticed was differences in the time domain, the way the spatial information was conveyed. The imaging was better and the soundstage took on another 10'." That's for a 1.6m (about 5ft) cable. Does every increase in cable length comes with a double increase in soundstage?
I can't wait to experiment a 20ft "soundstage" in my 10x12 control room. Will it push the walls?

abbey road d enfer said:
Well... Testimony: "Second thing I noticed was differences in the time domain, the way the spatial information was conveyed. The imaging was better and the soundstage took on another 10'." That's for a 1.6m (about 5ft) cable. Does every increase in cable length comes with a double increase in soundstage?
I can't wait to experiment a 20ft "soundstage" in my 10x12 control room. Will it push the walls?

I'm sold.

abbey road d enfer said:

I would love to sell these jackholes a nice 20m USB cable. I wonder what they'll think of the soundstage then.

-a

Latest posts

Back