Vegans are probably laughing

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian Roth

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/01/tech/jbs-usa-cyberattack-meat-producer/index.html
I don't eat a lot of meat....the price has been rising recently even before this latest event. Hamburger (and now Nathan's hot dogs since we like to BBQ in the nicer weather) with various chicken and some pork chops. I suspect there will be NO meat at my local Kroger store....just like there was no toilet paper a year ago. The Sheeple will be on a stampede.

But after the recent Colonial Pipeline hack I wonder "what's next?' Teslas (and UP trains) crashing into each other?

And.....IOT is probably the STUPIDEST concept I've ever heard. Light bulbs, toilets, fridges, etc all with WiFi.

I'm getting Too Olde for This Sh!t!! lol

Bri

Funny I haven't seen any more squirrels around my yard since that K... but they'll be back, they always do return.

The pecans aren't ready for the squirrels to harvest yet.

JR

Hahaha...I'm a vegan for more than 25yrs.
There is nothing more disgusting than that styrofoam you people call "Tofu"

In a studio I used to work around 10 years ago I used to order my own meals, the owners are vegan, they invited me to lunch one time, they told me "food is ready, come get your burger", the "burger" was a big mushroom between two pieces of bread and some ketchup..... :sick:

And what about that fake meat made out of soy? its like "I don't like eating dead animals, I just like eating stuff that looks like a dead animal"

Anyway, one of the studio owners ended up at the hospital one time, the doctor said something like: This whole vegan thing is cute but you have to eat fish and eggs. He is now a full blown carnivore.

Last edited:
You can get all the amino acids needed for a healthy diet without meat or animal products but you need to mix a couple vegetable together (like beans and grains or beans and corn).

I don't much care what other people eat.

JR

There is nothing more disgusting than that styrofoam you people call "Tofu"
+1
If you want to try tofu proper, only buy Japanese produce. There are many varieties, including one that tastes almost like a sweet desert. Another speciality is one that is quite creamy and has a slight peanut flavour. A friend of mine from Denmark eats ta lot of tofu when in Japan because he says stuff made at home is not edible cos hardly any flavour at all. -- And so says his Japanese wife.

BTW, the same holds true for sake. Americans really know how to do many things well, but sake is one that they really don't know much about (still). FWIW, most of so-called 'sake' sold in the EU is not Japanese made. Same in the US, I'd assume.

I heard about a recent study that found that vegan children grow up to be typically one inch shorter than their meat eating brethren and they also have poor bone strength.

Cheers

Ian

Human beings are omnivores, which means we can prosper from eating almost anything.

Nutrition is well studied wrt getting essential nutrients (7 amino acids, yadda yadda). Insufficient energy intake can also impact growth.

JR

This guy has been vegan for about 5 years...

I bet he has to eat an extremely rigorous diet many times throughout the day, keeping perfect track about what he needs to eat. Yes, its possible, its just too much trouble.

I've always said it: Vegans claim they live a better live, they dont, they might live a longer life but not a better one.

I've always said it: Vegans claim they live a better live, they dont, they might live a longer life but not a better one.
What's life like with obesity induced pre-diabetes?

Seems like a weak position to be criticising other people's dietary choices from.

I heard about a recent study that found that vegan children grow up to be typically one inch shorter than their meat eating brethren and they also have poor bone strength.

Cheers

Ian
The one reported in the daily mail?

Probably worth mentioning this bit too

"However, on the positive side, the vegan children had 25 per cent lower levels of 'bad' LDL cholesterol and lower levels of body fat.

Co-author Dr Małgorzata Desmond said: 'We found the vegans had higher intakes of nutrients that indicated an 'unprocessed' type of plant -based diet, which is in turn linked to lower body fat and better cardiovascular risk profile"

Seems like a weak position to be criticising other people's dietary choices from.
Ok, first, you went to the extreme, not being a vegan doesn't mean you have to be fat, second I know many vegans who are very fat, third my obesity induced pre-diabetes is due to medication, not due to diet, fourth, I was able to get a different medication and I've lost 50 pounds since January, I am no longer pre-diabetic, if all goes well, I'll be able to reach my original weight before I started taking the medication back in 2015.

P.S. It doesn't surprise me that you defend veganism, you fit all the new age, femenist, leftist, Woke stereotype.

Last edited:

Lets not take the obvious and personal cheap shots.... (be kind).

I thought about observing that the vegan weightlifter probably does not have type II diabetes, but I didn't mention it until now.

Who cares what other people eat? I do not. I care more about what I eat...

Right now I have summer and butternut squash coming out of my ears... my garden is rocking.

JR

Latest posts

Back