Vegans are probably laughing

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, first, you went to the extreme, not being a vegan doesn't mean you have to be fat, second I know many vegans who are very fat, third my obesity induced pre-diabetes is due to medication, not due to diet, fourth, I was able to get a different medication and I've lost 50 pounds since January, I am no longer pre-diabetic, if all goes well, I'll be able to reach my original weight before I started taking the medication back in 2015.

P.S. It doesn't surprise me that you defend veganism, you fit all the new age, femenist, leftist, Woke stereotype.
you too... stop with the personal enmity....

JR

Lets not take the obvious and personal cheap shots.... (be kind).

I thought about observing that the vegan weightlifter probably does not have type II diabetes, but I didn't mention it until now.

Who cares what other people eat? I do not. I care more about what I eat...

Right now I have summer and butternut squash coming out of my ears... my garden is rocking.

JR
I am kind 😁

People in glass houses should not throw stones.

Other people can (and should) eat what they like.

What i don't support is the near constant barrage of inflammatory remarks, wilful misrepresentation and transparent attempts to turn everything into us Vs them

I'd say being on the receiving end of an occasional pithy remark is getting off pretty lightly tbh.

I am kind 😁
thank you
People in glass houses should not throw stones.
likewise we should not throw stones at glass houses just because they are made of glass.
Other people can (and should) eat what they like.
indeed, perhaps not so much.... ;)
What i don't support is the near constant barrage of inflammatory remarks, wilful misrepresentation and transparent attempts to turn everything into us Vs them
I am only here to moderate obvious rule breaking (like personal attacks). There is a fine line between personal criticism and personal attack, often in the eye of the beholder.

I have seen forums completely prohibit discussion about some topics because their members could not do so with civility, lets be better than those other forums.
I'd say being on the receiving end of an occasional pithy remark is getting off pretty lightly tbh.
How often do you see people on the internet take criticism gracefully? I am probably over moderating this, but I was participating in the thread so disliked seeing it get derailed by forum members trading personal shots.

I suspect this is just another sign of the times, when we can't even talk about food choices calmly.

JR

The one reported in the daily mail?

Probably worth mentioning this bit too

"However, on the positive side, the vegan children had 25 per cent lower levels of 'bad' LDL cholesterol and lower levels of body fat.

Co-author Dr Małgorzata Desmond said: 'We found the vegans had higher intakes of nutrients that indicated an 'unprocessed' type of plant -based diet, which is in turn linked to lower body fat and better cardiovascular risk profile"
Which only serves to demonstrate that is has both advantages and disadvantages.

Cheers

Ian

Interesting how this thread has gone "off the rails" because of a flippant title I chose.

My original reason for posting was the HACK of a very large meat producer's computer systems just after the HACK of a major USA gasoline pipeline company's computers. In both cases, the companies had to shut down operations, and apparently pay Ransom. Supplies were disrupted, stampedes for perceived "total loss" of the products caused even more disruptions, etc etc.

I'm sorry my "mumblings" in my original post launched a Food War here.

Just about everyone didn't understand my original intent in Message 1 in this thread and I didn't help by mentioning hot dogs, etc.

I am more concerned about "what's next" from the criminal attackers. Perhaps a new thread in needed.

Bri

I thought about this and that retort was a low blow on an internet forum, so apologies user 37518.

I am only here to moderate obvious rule breaking (like personal attacks). There is a fine line between personal criticism and personal attack, often in the eye of the beholder.

I have seen forums completely prohibit discussion about some topics because their members could not do so with civility, lets be better than those other forums.

How often do you see people on the internet take criticism gracefully? I am probably over moderating this, but I was participating in the thread so disliked seeing it get derailed by forum members trading personal shots.

I don't envy your job as moderator John. But I think that if one posts strong opinions on an internet forum, one should expect strong responses.

I like that there's a wide breadth of posters here. I frequently disagree with what people write, but I've learned a lot reading other people's perspectives and in some cases have genuinely reassessed how I feel or think about things based on things I've read on here.

But it's possible to disagree, and even be disagreeable to some degree, and still be constructive IMO. I see a lot of interesting discussions spoilt because they're reduced to us Vs them over and over again. When the claws come out, the discussion stops and no one is learning anything.

I suspect this is just another sign of the times, when we can't even talk about food choices calmly.

JR
I agree, and it's a shame.

Latest posts

Back