• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Wanted Vintage API Mic Transformers - AP2622

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinebox

Looking for some API transformers to restore some 536 modules for a 3288 console. They need to be the original Xformers so that they fit the footprint on the PCB, I have already looked for alternatives, but need the originals, thank you!

I bought an auction from the UK about 12 years ago and got 12 original 2622's with the auction. I've since sold all of them but one...which I need to keep for my API's. I was selling them at the time for about $275US ea. They're extremely hard to find on the used market. I rarely have seen any available. You might want to consider modifying and moving to the current API input for the whole desk. The 2622 has a sound, but was never considered a remarkable transformer. The current API unit specs much better, I think.

I bought an auction from the UK about 12 years ago and got 12 original 2622's with the auction. I've since sold all of them but one...which I need to keep for my API's. I was selling them at the time for about $275US ea. They're extremely hard to find on the used market. I rarely have seen any available. You might want to consider modifying and moving to the current API input for the whole desk. The 2622 has a sound, but was never considered a remarkable transformer. The current API unit specs much better, I think.

Yes I know they are a hard ask, but the console owner wants them so we will be patient. He prefers not to modify the pcbs to mount different ones.

This is probably a stupid question, but did you see the ones on the CAPI web site?

https://capi-gear.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=21_37&products_id=33

Yes, those linked are output transformers, I am looking for the mic inputs that are PCB mount. No one seems to make them in that package, I have contacted Cinimag and spent a good deal searching about.

Yes I know they are a hard ask, but the console owner wants them so we will be patient. He prefers not to modify the pcbs to mount different ones.

Yes, those linked are output transformers, I am looking for the mic inputs that are PCB mount. No one seems to make them in that package, I have contacted Cinimag and spent a good deal searching about.

Have you seen these?

https://capi-gear.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=21_38

Those don't have the same pin footprint as the API's.

@pinebox Have you thought about making an adapter board? You could make a small pcb with millmax-style pins that would convert the old footprint to the new. Not sure how much room there is but if you do it right it will only add about 1/4” of height.

Last edited:
Got two ... pm if interested
2622.jpg

Back