Vintage Marinair Transformers fitting in 500 series Neve clone (Options?)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JGabriel

Alright so I became quite keen on the Don Classics NV73 + EQ module (which are confirmed to fit T1444 and LO1166 vintage transformers from Marinair). But they have been unavailable for years. AML says they will not fit in their 500 series kits. Anybody have ideas on the best options for this project? Don Classics built a reputation and being totally true to the original and it being quite noticeable in the sound quality. Also, I will say I switched out the transformers in my AML ez1073 rack and it totally improved the sound (for my taste - sounds vintage now and way warmer)...

You already answered you question. AML.

And the LO1166 won't fit in a 500 series. But the 1148 from AML (Carnhill) will.

oh im pretty set on using the vintage marinairs (and needs to be in 500 series cause this is for both studio and gigs / live show)
sorry if not clear, my question was about 500 serious 1073 clones like the Don Classics which might be able to fit the xformer
AML said they will not fit in their design

The originals are wound so tight that the wire breaks after many years of service, but if they made it thus dar then they should be alright.

Latest posts

Back