• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

For Sale VU meters - the real mechanical kind

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Riley Casey

GDIY Supporter
I've got four VU meters that have been in my parts drawers for years, OK decades. They all work and the ballistics appear to be good. I can take phone videos of them with music program if thats a concern. All have screw terminals connections to the meter coils. Taking best offers as I have no idea if these are gold or junk these days. I'm also going to list them on other sites. They'll be on Ebay if no one buys them here.

Large meter - Pretty sure this was a spare part for a Crown CX/SX tape machine but can't guarantee it's match. It has a pair of brackets on the back that hold it in the panel cut out.
Two matching meters - are Modutecs and have 6/32 screws on the backs for mounting in the panel from the front
Magencord meter - Is in a Simpson box - Simpson as in the old 260 VOMs. It also has a pair of wires about eight inches long extending from the top back above the meter terminals presumably for an internal lamp.

Attachments

• VU meters small.jpeg
    VU meters small.jpeg
    720.2 KB · Views: 1
  • VU meters rear.jpeg
    VU meters rear.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back