• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Wanting to BUY a 2 channel PM1000 kit + enclosure

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gmain1970

Greetings GroupDIY,

Please be graceful as I am a noob to this site and this is my 1st post.  Background about my electronics knowledge/experience, I am decent with a soldering iron and have successfully modded my Fender Blues Jr with a Hot Rod Mod kit (kit purchased on eBay)

I have 2 PM1000 channel strips and am looking for a kit to mod these AND mount them in a 2ru rack.  So, I will need to purchase the following:

(A) All components to mod these 2 channel strips and get the most out of them (get that JapaNeve sound that I have read about).
(B) A PSU to power both strips *mentioned just in case not clear above*
(C) a pre-cut 2RU rack that looks nice and professional
(D) optional* but desired, 2 VU's on the front panel (having a in/out switch would be very nice as well)
(E) basic how-to guide as to what needs replaced with what etc. (youtube videos are available, if you can direct me to the appropriate one.

I  have access to more equipment than I know how to use (oscilloscope primarily) and I am wanting to do as much of the work/labor myself to save $$$ and also as a educational project. 

If anyone can at least point me in the right direction, it will be greatly appreciated.
*Anyone who actually has the components for sale and doesn't mind with some basic instructions, that would be even more appreciated).*

Thanks in advance and I hope to get this project rolling and ready prior to recording my next album.

Now to decipher the fangled captcha letters below so I can post this....  ;)

see my post
http://groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=49219.0

can add in xlr's  and a case, could sell you meters's too but the panel is not drilled for them and you would need a driver circuit

Gmain1970 said:
(B) A PSU to power both strips
Hi, I've recently racked some of these and I've got some extra PWR boards (populated).
http://tillander.kapsi.fi/Temp/Sell/PM1000_PwrPWB.jpg

PM me if you're interested.

CHeers, MT

Latest posts

Back